Pellsons Perceivings

Started by Pellson, December 27, 2016, 04:09:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 03, 2023, 01:51:10 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on April 02, 2023, 05:48:19 PM
Quote from: Pellson on April 02, 2023, 03:15:43 PMOh, if everything only could be solved by moderate to rich application of WD40..

My lower spine agrees whole-heartedly with that statement! :thumbsup:

As do my knees  ;)  :thumbsup:

The subject of fitting grease nipples to the joints of the human body is one my chiropractor and I discuss regularly.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on April 03, 2023, 04:19:53 AMThe subject of fitting grease nipples to the joints of the human body is one my chiropractor and I discuss regularly.

When Sir John Charnley (the inventor of replacements hip joints) [name dropping mode off] was alive he and I spoke often on that same subject.  ;D

He reckoned that it was medically possible, but they'd have to devise a special grease as normal auto grease would not react favourably with cartilages and bone.

And I'm not joking, I really did know him back in the late 70s, early 80s. It's a good story but goes on a bit.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rick Lowe

Sounds like an excuse for another Thread... just a thought...  ;)

Pellson

Easter. Traditionally, we spend it at my better (not to mention smarter and prettier) half's Danish family, but it's been somewhat on an off with this during the pandemic years. And it's been a sorely missed trip, usually meeting the spring well in advance in comparison to what the climate use to be at home at the same time. This year, however, we went, and met the spring we did. A lovely few days, in lovely company giving rest and joy as well as yet another visit to one of the best historical museums in Scandinavia.
But, rather obviously, not much in the way of modelling.

Returning home late yesterday, today hasn't been a very effective day, but in spite of that, I have managed to reengine the extended Hunter as well as install an antenna and modify the nose for the LRMTS. It's now rather close to painting, but I still need to figure out what to do about onboard ECM systems. After all, the Danish Super Sabres as well as Drakens got them at the end of their respective tenures, so considering that my Hunter is supposed to stay relevant into the 90's, something will have to be there.

I've also continued the preparations to divest the short Defender. A thoroughly depressing job, but, as the saying goes, "this is the way". And it is satisfying to get things done, after all.
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

NARSES2

Quote from: Pellson on April 11, 2023, 01:56:18 PMbut, as the saying goes, "this is the way". And it is satisfying to get things done, after all.

Amazingly so at times. Especially when you've been putting something off
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

killnoizer

But positive is that prices of classic landys are not bad for the seller today . Be lucky to keep one of them , it's enough to keep care about for one man .
It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/

Pellson

After a surprisingly congested week, we're winding down at the archipelagean cottage. Lovely time, really, even if I left all modelling stuff at home.

Instead, I've focused on reading, having unreasonable amounts of tea and walking the dog. Not a bad weekend all in all. If only the weather would have been somewhat more springlike, it would have been perfect.

Still, it's quite good enough. And I've missed the tranquility of staying here.

Rick Lowe

Nice to have a break away.  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Quote from: Pellson on April 15, 2023, 12:31:58 PMInstead, I've focused on reading, having unreasonable amounts of tea and walking the dog.

Possibly the three best ways of relaxing all encapsulated in one short sentence  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

Man I miss drinking tea ..now if I try a delicious mug of Lipton yellow label or Earl Gray ..30mins later out it comes..another weird result from "The incident " 😳
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Pellson

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on April 16, 2023, 01:30:10 AMMan I miss drinking tea ..now if I try a delicious mug of Lipton yellow label or Earl Gray ..30mins later out it comes..another weird result from "The incident " 😳

That's interesting. Usually, they say there's a tea for any condition. Have you spoken to your GP? There might be an explanation that'll help you to find a tea sort that works?

Some minor gardening today, but also better weather. Or at least sunnier. The cold sea does keep the temperatures back.

Wardukw

Quote from: Pellson on April 16, 2023, 04:05:26 AM
Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on April 16, 2023, 01:30:10 AMMan I miss drinking tea ..now if I try a delicious mug of Lipton yellow label or Earl Gray ..30mins later out it comes..another weird result from "The incident " 😳

That's interesting. Usually, they say there's a tea for any condition. Have you spoken to your GP? There might be an explanation that'll help you to find a tea sort that works?

Some minor gardening today, but also better weather. Or at least sunnier. The cold sea does keep the temperatures back.

Its just the way my kidneys handle some liquids..there's just something in tea itself..what that is I have no clue but it's exactly the same with coke cola ..it's the same with coffee but it takes much longer..over a hour and half ..if i don't drink I don't go at all ..still can't drink any large amounts of water ..more than 2 cups of water and yeah..it's not staying down anymore ..it's bloody strange mate but I did suffer from one hell of a impact.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Pellson

It's been over a week since I wrote something here. Well - in all honesty - it's been something like that, if not worse, since I did something in plastic as well. Family holidays and then some work, and then some other chores as the weather, admittedly only for a short spell, actually did manage to better itself enough to allow for some reasonable outdoor activities. And nice that was!
But it's Monday again, and that cake is properly iced by ten degC lower temps than yesterday, all wrapped in an almost Londonesque fog. Tedious!

Mojo-wise, I find myself somewhat impeded by the sheer amount of unfinished projects gathering on my desk. Currently, there's two Danish strike aircraft basically only needing final attention before final painting and decalling, a German Marineflieger Tornado void of paint and some late stage assembly, a built SAAB Lansen recovered from my old man, now intended to be converted into a Norwegian strike bomber, two Dutch fighters and a Swedish Super Lansen. And in addition to that, not so few models just waiting for ordnance.
I think I need to just shift things aside and focus..

But first, it seems I will have to engage in the toils of ordinary paid work for a bit. Severely distracting!

NARSES2

Quote from: Pellson on April 24, 2023, 12:33:05 AMall wrapped in an almost Londonesque fog. Tedious!

I don't think I've seen a proper one of those for 30, maybe even 40 years or so ?

Quote from: Pellson on April 24, 2023, 12:33:05 AMI think I need to just shift things aside and focus..

I think all of us, with a couple of exceptions, could do with doing that  :angel:

Pellson

Lots of work and other assignments have been preventing any meaningful hobbies over the last week or two. To get the "flow", I usually need to reach a certain amount of inner peace, but that's not easy when stressed over other things. Hence no plastic progress at all.

Further, last Friday, I discovered that a lift pump in our waste water system wasn't working. That's not good as it's basically shutting the entire system down within a few days, and as we're living out in the sticks, we're not connected to any backup systems, so this malfunction could be necessitating an evacuation of all of us. So sorting it became the obvious priority during the weekend.
Luckily, the fault turned out to be a damaged underground cable and not the submerged (and very filthy indeed) pump, but to reach that conclusion, I had to eliminate quite a few other possible sources meaning a more or less total rebuild of parts of the outdoor system. That took quite some time and effort, but it's really, really comforting that that pump is operational again.

But now, this electro engineer is rather worn out, so I think I'll be joining the bearded little dog that's snoring right beside me.