Re: My stash just grew again (2017)

Started by Martin H, December 31, 2016, 11:33:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin H

Here we go again  :thumbsup:
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

NARSES2

Technicaly this is a 2016 arrival as it was delivered yesterday.

From the Big H a 1/72 RS Models Me 509. Thinking Hungarian
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Really belong in last years thread but ...

For Christmas:
1/48 Revell B-25J Mitchell

Pre-31 Dec 2016:
1/72 Airfix Me.262A/dH Mosquito FB.V1 Dogfight Double box - only the Mossie in it as a full kit, the pilot (glued into his seat) & canopy were all that remained of the Me.262
1/72 Airfix Spitfire Mk.IIa/Eurofighter Typhoon Then & Now Double boxing - appears to be all there

The latter 2 were bought by Mrs Wombat from one of the local op shops & far be it from me to discourage her, so only a gentle nudge in the direction of 1/48 for future buys was given. ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Old Wombat on January 02, 2017, 03:15:56 PM

bought by Mrs Wombat from one of the local op shops & far be it from me to discourage her, so only a gentle nudge in the direction of 1/48 for future buys was given. ;)

True that, at least she's thinking along the correct lines...  :thumbsup:

zenrat

AFAIAC she was spot on with the scale...
;D

January 3rd.  Not bought anything yet this year.  I'm doing well...
The fact I don't get paid again for 4 weeks helps.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

McColm

At last a 1/72 PB-2Y Coronado the Mach2 kit. The reviews that I have read indicate either the -3 or -5.
Got an idea to change the engines and build a freighter variant.

kerick

Picked up the Revell 1/72nd CL 415 fire bomber last night. The kit is good but needs better looking props. Any replacements out there?
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Librarian

Some arrivals today:

Hobbyboss 1/48 F4U-1 (early)
Hobbyboss 1/48 F4U-5 (early)

Luvlyjubly :wub:

Hasegawa 1/48 Ki-44

Still no bleedin' decals tho :banghead:

Dizzyfugu

First unexpected ebay win: a Hasegawa 1:72 IAI Kfir C2 for just EUR 7,-. A good kit (better fit than the Italeri offering) with lots of whiffing potential.  ;D

The Wooksta!

My first Spitfire of the year!

Popped into Fenwicks to see what they had left.  Quite a bit, but not much for me.  Spotted a single mk IIa/Va and decided it looked lonely, so bought it and brought it home to sit happily with it's other brethren.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Martin H

Via a certain well known purveyor of kits based in Lowestoft.
Both 72nd scale as per normal.

A Model Ilyushin IL-14P
RS models Messerschmitt Me-509
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Snowtrooper

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on January 03, 2017, 05:58:58 AM
First unexpected ebay win: a Hasegawa 1:72 IAI Kfir C2 for just EUR 7,-. A good kit (better fit than the Italeri offering) with lots of whiffing potential.  ;D
Re the whiffing potential, got an Italeri Kfir in The Stash - according to The Plan it will be a Finnish bird in the Swedish "Fields & Meadows" splniter camo with edges of wings and canards painted black so that they would appear just as shadows of the wing, in order to make the plane look like a Finnish Air Force Viggen in any aerial photographs. ;)

No, my whiffverse doesn't make a lot of sense, it's just an excuse to have the Finnish Air Force in the middle of Extra Freezing Cold Cold War be equipped with as (if not even more) varied collection as in OTL WW2.

Nick

Bought on Monday and finished last night, one Imperial Star Destroyer from Metal Earth. Very impressed with the outcome despite it being rather fiddly. Photos to follow.

http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/gift-gadgets/star-wars-imperial-star-destroyer-metal-construction-kit/11040397.html

Old Wombat

Snuck into the house today:

1/72 Revell Panavia Tornado GR.1 - to be done as an Australian Army Air Corps CAS bird.
1/48 Tamiya Beaufighter VI - to be done as a navalised version for the RAM Air Arm (may take some time while I figure out just how to do that).

(May have to get a 1/48 Tamiya Beaufighter TF.Mk.X to do up as a navalised version for the RAN FAA, too.)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

TomZ

This was just delivered:

Laputa: Castle in the Sky Tiger Moth

No idea where it comes from. Probably some Japanese TV show but I couldn't resist.

Not to decide what scheme to paint it.....

TomZ
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency