Re: My stash just grew again (2017)

Started by Martin H, December 31, 2016, 11:33:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Nick on January 04, 2017, 01:28:07 AM

Bought on Monday and finished last night, one Imperial Star Destroyer from Metal Earth. Very impressed with the outcome despite it being rather fiddly. Photos to follow.

I got a Metal Earth Spitfire 'flat pack' as a delayed birthday pressie from a good friend in the US. I doubt I'll be extending its wings  ;D but I may convert it into a PRXI.  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: TomZ on January 04, 2017, 08:58:20 AM
This was just delivered:

Laputa: Castle in the Sky Tiger Moth

No idea where it comes from. Probably some Japanese TV show but I couldn't resist.

Not to decide what scheme to paint it.....

TomZ

It's from a very famous anime movie, one of the first big works of director Miyasaki Hayao, from 1985 or so.
It's a Sky Pirate ship; I did not know that it was called "Tiger Moth"!

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Army of One

Sorely tempted in my local 'The Works' selling Airfix 1/24 Hurricane starter kit for £20 an the three kits 1/72 Pearl Harbour starter kit for £15......
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

NARSES2

Pearl Harbour set is good value. All 3 are new tools. I got it for Xmas  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Army of One

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 05, 2017, 06:53:51 AM
Pearl Harbour set is good value. All 3 are new tools. I got it for Xmas  :thumbsup:

Yeah....very tempted.....is it just a bomb with the 'Kate' or you get the torpedo as well....?
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

zenrat

First delivery of the year.
Post Apocralyptic Armed Scooby Gang and unarmed Scooby (he just looked silly wearing a weapons harness) from Hasslefree Miniatures.

http://www.hfminis.co.uk

They are beautifully cast but being 28mm figures they are too tall to use with 1/72 models and figures (unlike the Elheim "28mm" figures which are on the short side and so are perfect with this scale).
Still, they are going to look great painted and the Mystery Machine is devoid of compound curves so it should be a simple scratchbuild from sheet styrene.
:thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Knightflyer

Quote from: Army of One on January 05, 2017, 06:50:22 AM
Sorely tempted in my local 'The Works' selling Airfix 1/24 Hurricane starter kit for £20 an the three kits 1/72 Pearl Harbour starter kit for £15......

Go for it! The 1/24 Hurricane and 1/24 Spitfire were both £30 from the Works Online and even with the 10, 20 or occasionally 30% special offers were still more expensive than £20. I notice that having just checked that they've now gone from online (only the Battle Of Britain 75th Anniversary Gift Set is left) so I've missed my chance, but as I'm not supposed to be buying this year (yet!) that is probably a good thing!  ;D
Oh to be whiffing again :-(

NARSES2

Quote from: Army of One on January 05, 2017, 08:38:08 AM

Yeah....very tempted.....is it just a bomb with the 'Kate' or you get the torpedo as well....?

Yup
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on January 06, 2017, 01:58:19 AM
First delivery of the year.
Post Apocralyptic Armed Scooby Gang and unarmed Scooby (he just looked silly wearing a weapons harness) from Hasslefree Miniatures.

They do look good  :thumbsup: Not much resemblence to either the t.v. or film characters, other than Scooby himself but that's down to licencing I was told when looking for a Buffy figure.(ahhhh Buffy  :wub: :wub:)

Gondor

My first stash additions of the year were picked up from the sorting office this afternoon

2 x 1/72 AZ Models M.B.5. which I have had on backorder for what seams like ages.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Captain Canada

Great start to the year guys ! I was going to go buy a kit to join in, but now I think I'm going to go watch this movie...that ship just looks too cool !

PS-I drove my daughter back to school in Ottawa this week, and by passed a few big shops. I figure it's time to quit buying on a whim and save the money for stuff I really want. Lets see how long that lasts lol
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

chrisonord

This sort of belongs in last years thread as it arrived on the 31st, when I was away and I picked it up from the post office today. 1/72nd scale Hasegawa Russian aircraft weapons set. In typical Chris luck style, there is 4 of everything except the missiles i am after the most as there are only 2 R-60's in the kit. Typical  :banghead: :banghead: But never mind, I have some more R-27's to add to the stockpile and R-77 which are a neat looking missile, and some very nice looking KAB 1500 LGB's which will look nice adorning an IL-28 Beagle. The kit contains, 4x B-8 rocket pods, 4x R-27 ET 4x R-27R, 4x R-73's 2x R-60's, 2x R-77's 4 KH-31's and 4x KAB 1500. Nice kit if a bit pricey.
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Snowtrooper

Hey, at least the Russian weapons set has everything in even numbers, unlike the recent US weapon sets (starting with #5) that have most of everything in threes, forcing you to buy two in most cases... :banghead:

Army of One

Quote from: Knightflyer on January 06, 2017, 03:17:54 AM
Quote from: Army of One on January 05, 2017, 06:50:22 AM

Go for it! The 1/24 Hurricane and 1/24 Spitfire were both £30 from the Works Online and even with the 10, 20 or occasionally 30% special offers were still more expensive than £20. I notice that having just checked that they've now gone from online (only the Battle Of Britain 75th Anniversary Gift Set is left) so I've missed my chance, but as I'm not supposed to be buying this year (yet!) that is probably a good thing!  ;D

SWMBO'D picked me up a Hurricane today....they still had Spitfire Vb there....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!