Re: My stash just grew again (2017)

Started by Martin H, December 31, 2016, 11:33:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

For the upcoming Soviet GB I ordered some Red Star decals and sets with RS-82 missiles. You never know... ;)

seadude

At my local model club meeting today, there was the regular monthly raffle of 3 different kits. I didn't win anything "officially". But one of the kits won by another modeler was a Hasegawa 1/72 Ace Combat ASF-X Shinden II. But the first guy who won it gave it to another modeler whom he thought might enjoy it. But apparently, the two people got into a "slight" debate/argument about wanting or not wanting the kit. So I turned to them and jokingly said "Look, if neither of you guys wants it, then I'll take it.".  Next thing I know, the second guy who recieved the kit from the original first guy, turns to me and hands me the kit.  :o
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

TheChronicOne

Score!!  Who wouldn't want that?!!?   :o :o :lol:
-Sprues McDuck-

Dizzyfugu

Now that's a deal! I would not mind another Shinden... and if it was only for the pile.  ;D

seadude

Well, I'm not going to do anything with the Shinden kit right now. It'll just sit in my stash for the moment collecting dust. As I said, I only "jokingly" said I'd take it. I never expected to actually get it. But if for any reason the other modelers want it back and this was all some mistake, then they can have it back. I can always get another with my tax refunds.
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

Army of One

[/quote]

I LOOOOOOVE this craft......one of my fave Sci Fi vehicles/craft ever....!!! And the Bird of Prey.....what a boxing....!!!
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Martin H

Not a stash addition. But an increase in caperbility.

This monster has been added to my "tool box".

Its an entry level machine with a built in 3d scanner unit.
Its going to be a long learning curve, but im already doing some trial builds.
For now its purly for personal use, so unsolicited "requests" will be ignored.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Steel Penguin

That looks shiney Martin  ;D   good luck with the learning curve on it :thumbsup:
I look forward to seeing what can be done
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Army of One

Oh OGL cool.......was it expensive.....?  I had thought of getting one a little while ago but couldn't justify the price. I believe the basic models are cheaper now....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

TheChronicOne

Use it to print another printer!!    ;D ;D

But anyway... that's awesome. I hope you come up with some marvelous results. Aren't there online databases and stuff where design files can be downloaded to be printed off? 
-Sprues McDuck-

Dizzyfugu

Feel the itch to build some more vintage 1:100 Macross VF-1s... found evidence of Zentraedi squadrons in the official timeline odf the series, in weird colors and markings, and in order to add some depth to this project I ordered an 1:8 resin pilot figure (Gundam, though, but it's juts the base) to be converted into a fictional Meltraedi character who's a flight or squadron leader. Her mount will then be one of the VF-1 builds, and I'll add a standard fighter, too - maybe for some nice formation flight shots.

zenrat

Quote from: TheChronicOne on January 16, 2017, 09:53:43 AM
Use it to print another printer!!    ;D ;D... 

Not a good idea.  That's how Skynet gets started... :unsure:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

The Wooksta!

From ebay:

AZ/KP Spitfire mk Vb "Aces" boxing - includes Bob Stanford Tuck.

Awaiting from a mate - for some reason, my ebay simply couldn't find it
Attack Squadron Spitfire PR.XI Deluxe - this one has lots of lovely spare bits and markings, although most being US are unusable. I don't do US marked aircraft.

Also awaiting from ebay:
Massive box of Spitfire spares.  There's at least 8 kits off their sprues, plus a CMR Seafire FR47.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

McColm

Got hold of the 1/72 Revell TXF F-111A and B kit.
1/72 Attack Squadron C-130 engines and propellers, plus wheels.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: McColm on January 17, 2017, 05:09:50 AM

Got hold of the 1/72 Revell TXF F-111A and B kit.

Well done, they're not so easy to find these days, and a good source of the short nose and long wings for the -B, even if they lack a little in the accuracy stakes.

Not that we give a fig for that on here of course.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit