Re: My stash just grew again (2017)

Started by Martin H, December 31, 2016, 11:33:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snowtrooper

Another 1/72 haul from a local forum:
Airfix Harrier GR.3 (old tool) -- mainly for the British ordnance, I guess there will be an inspiration for the plane too. Red Arrows?
Airfix OV-10D Bronco -- PMC in the 2000's, maybe a companion to the not-Expendables Do 28?
Hasegawa F-4E Phantom (Ye Olde Toole) -- it may be not up to modern standards but was practically free, so... Chico the Gunfighter?
Italeri AC-47 Spooky -- non-whiffed
Italeri B-58 Hustler -- I really shouldn't have but it was a bargain - non-whiffed NMF is tempting, but so is SE Asia camo with conventional loadout, or SIOP or SAC Grey armed with SRAM's...
Revell F-16C Block 50/52 -- again, a bargain, no idea so may even build it non-whiffed
Revell F-22A Raptor -- non-whiffed

Gondor

received from eBay today

1 x 1/144 scale Roden Vickers Super VC10 Type 1154 "East African Airways" which will be wiffed so the decals are up for grabs with Kit getting first dibs on them if he wants.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Thanks so much Alastair, but I already have a set of EAA decals to go with my Welsh Models Super VC10.

They're VERY colourful though and should look well on another Whiffed airliner if anyone else is planning one.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

Found a reasonably priced MENG G.91 (first issue), thanks to a damaged box.

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 08, 2017, 04:40:41 AM
Thanks so much Alastair, but I already have a set of EAA decals to go with my Welsh Models Super VC10.

They're VERY colourful though and should look well on another Whiffed airliner if anyone else is planning one.

You were first option Kit because of all the help you have given me printing decals.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

TheChronicOne

Nothing pretty but I couldn't knock the price....  All done, after shipping and everything, I got four Airfix (1975 boxing)  1/72  B-29 Superfortresses for $61. One box and and the other three bagged but nothing missing at least.   At $15 a piece I probably have enough for a lifetime. Only so much of this I can fit in my house. One will be destined to be a Cuban Tu-4 for the Soviet GB.

I also had a curious happening yesterday when I opened up a box of kits I got about a week ago. Apparently the feller threw in a free Ringo boxing of the Martin MB-2 bomber. How awesome is that? I'm going to drop the person a note of thanks later or offer to send it back if it was some sort of mistake.  Speaking of those, I got 6 kits in total with the MB-2, the others were all 1979 USAirfix boxings in GREAT condition of a Lancaster, PBY Catalina, Il-28 Beagle, A-26 Invader, and lastly AC-47 Gunship "Spooky."  Hell of a deal at $40 and change (after shipping and all that.. I always combine my costs into one sum).

Won't be any more for awhile because I need to spend the rest of my money on "more imporant" things... as if..    :rolleyes: :lol:
-Sprues McDuck-

NARSES2

Quote from: Snowtrooper on February 07, 2017, 09:12:23 AM

Hasegawa F-4E Phantom (Ye Olde Toole) -- it may be not up to modern standards but was practically free, so... Chico the Gunfighter?

Is that the Boxing with the Vietnam cover art and the amazing collection of weapons on the sprues ? If so I've fond memories of it from way back in the day when it was a new tool and still keep one in the stash simply to remind me that Hasegawa were once value for money here in the U.K. May still be elsewhere for all I know.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 08, 2017, 06:53:13 AM

Is that the Boxing with the Vietnam cover art and the amazing collection of weapons on the sprues ? If so I've fond memories of it from way back in the day when it was a new tool and still keep one in the stash simply to remind me that Hasegawa were once value for money here in the U.K. May still be elsewhere for all I know.

I've still got  one of them in The Loft.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Snowtrooper

Yes, indeed it is. You would have to buy two weapons sets from them nowadays to get as much things under the wings. A nice touch is the two "baggage containers" which AFAIK were empty napalm canisters, but you don't get as much bad press saying that.

For me, it's still value for money!

zenrat

Quote from: TheChronicOne on February 08, 2017, 05:02:34 AM
Nothing pretty but I couldn't knock the price....  All done, after shipping and everything, I got four Airfix (1975 boxing)  1/72  B-29 Superfortresses for $61. One box and and the other three bagged but nothing missing at least.   At $15 a piece I probably have enough for a lifetime. Only so much of this I can fit in my house. One will be destined to be a Cuban Tu-4 for the Soviet GB.

...leaving you enough to build something truly weird and wacky.  B29 X wing?  Triplane?  Zwilling?  Dreiergruppe?  Super tandemtiltwing VTOL presidential transport?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Rheged

Quote from: zenrat on February 09, 2017, 01:16:33 AM
Quote from: TheChronicOne on February 08, 2017, 05:02:34 AM

...leaving you enough to build something truly weird and wacky.  B29 X wing?  Triplane?  Zwilling?  Dreiergruppe?  Super tandemtiltwing VTOL presidential transport?

Perhaps not too wacky, an RAF Boeing Washington being used as a test hack.   Big turbo prop in the nose, or the inboard engines replaced with jets, or a tail mounted jet, or even carrying a Miles M53, after the successes of the M52 earlier.......
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

chrisonord

Just won a Revel 1/72nd scale M48 Patton tank for 99p, no decals but to be honest, who needs them. Especially when it is going to get carved up with the saw and knife. :wacko: :wacko:
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rheged on February 09, 2017, 01:29:00 AM

Perhaps not too wacky, an RAF Boeing Washington being used as a test hack.   Big turbo prop in the nose,

How do you do that on a B-29 and still let the pilot see where they're going?

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: Snowtrooper on February 08, 2017, 08:42:51 AM

Yes, indeed it is. You would have to buy two weapons sets from them nowadays to get as much things under the wings. A nice touch is the two "baggage containers" which AFAIK were empty napalm canisters, but you don't get as much bad press saying that.

For me, it's still value for money!

Ah thought it was. Never did figure out what to do with the target drone included  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

KiwiZac

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 09, 2017, 06:08:29 AM
Quote from: Rheged on February 09, 2017, 01:29:00 AM

Perhaps not too wacky, an RAF Boeing Washington being used as a test hack.   Big turbo prop in the nose,

How do you do that on a B-29 and still let the pilot see where they're going?
Do it Lindbergh style: periscopes!
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates