Re: My stash just grew again (2017)

Started by Martin H, December 31, 2016, 11:33:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McColm

1/72 Contrail vacform Convair B-36 won on eBay for £25.

Joe C-P

After finishing off several partial builds I treated myself to start on my big project:

Old Glory gunboat Philadelphia
Kombrig USS New Jersey BB-16
Trumpeter USS Detroit AOE
Niko USN LST-542
From Shapeways - Decapod Models EFC WW1 Laker type freighter, Infernal Machines' USRC AE Stevens, and an LCU 2000 by Mini and beyond

There was a near-identical gunboat "Jersey", the AOE I'll build as USS Camden, 3 LSTs were named for counties here in NJ, USS Lakewood was one of the Lakers, LCU 2033 is named Paulus Hook, and Mr. Stevens was from NJ.

I also found a Lindberg oiler USS Neches in an antique and old junk store, which with some detailing will be her sister USS Neshanic.

There are many more for me to get, but I have to get through a number of these before I feel safe spending the money, lest SWMBO decide I've overstocked again.  :rolleyes:
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

The Chaos

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 04, 2017, 06:23:10 AM
Quote from: zenrat on September 03, 2017, 10:46:52 PM
At long last an envelope arrived from Hannants (Antipodean customers - don't bother paying extra for tracking as they either won't or can't give you the tracking number).

There system has only just started working properly for UK customers, in my case anyway.

I don't think tracking is much use overseas anyway as it would only track it from them to the International Sorting Office in the UK. Nothing after that.

Quote from: Hobbes on September 04, 2017, 08:21:05 AM
it's a bit hit and miss. I recently sent a package from the Netherlands to Saudi Arabia. Tracking in the Netherlands was okay, then 3 weeks of silence until it arrived at Saudi customs, where regular tracking updates resumed.

International mail uses a numbering system consisting of 2 letters, 9 numbers and 2 letters.  The final 2 letters being the country of origin (UK, US, ZA etc).  If the bar code accompanying this number was scanned by the post offices at both ends then there would be no problem with tracking as there would be a continuous trail from lodgement to delivery.
Unfortunately some post offices like to add their own stickers with additional bar codes for their own internal purposes and if these are scanned instead of the international one the trail is broken.
The package from Hannants had only the one bar code but they did not e-mail me the number and so I was unable to track.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on September 04, 2017, 04:57:15 PM

The package from Hannants had only the one bar code but they did not e-mail me the number and so I was unable to track.

Ah right. Hannants did that to me a couple of times, they sent confirmation but forgot the tracking number  :banghead: Since I had a discusion with them at the Southern Show they seem to have remembered  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

At the Post Office awaiting pick-up (tomorrow):

1 x 1/35 Humvee TOW Turret Set (LF3D007) (Legend Productions)
1 x 1/35 TOW Missile Racks Set (LF3D006) (Legend Productions)
2 x 1/35 Mk.48 Machine Guns Set (LF3D005) (Legend Productions)
2 x 1/35 IDF AFV GPS Device for Battle Management System (4pcs) (Legend Productions)
1 x 1/35 USSOCOM SCAR Weapon System FN SCAR-H/Mk.17 Vol.2 (LRE35057) (Live Resin)
1 x 1/35 USSOCOM SCAR Weapon System FN SCAR-H/Mk.17 Vol.1 (LRE35055) (Live Resin)
1 x 1/48 Boulton-Paul Defiant Mk.I (AX05128) (Airfix)

;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Gondor

Received from eBay today

1 x Airfix 1/72 Lancaster B.II to go with my Blackbird Lancaster B.VI conversion, or maybe as a B.II as I have another one in the stash and which becomes what is an open subject at the moment.  :rolleyes:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

McColm

Received today a 1/72 Handley Page Victor SR2 Camera Create. It's meant for the Airfix kit, but I have a Revell K Mk.2.
Just wondering what other aircraft it can be carried in.

Old Wombat

Picked these up from the Post Office today;

1 x 1/35 Humvee TOW Turret Set (LF3D007) (Legend Productions)
1 x 1/35 TOW Missile Racks Set (LF3D006) (Legend Productions)
2 x 1/35 Mk.48 Machine Guns Set (LF3D005) (Legend Productions)
2 x 1/35 IDF AFV GPS Device for Battle Management System (4pcs) (Legend Productions)
1 x 1/35 USSOCOM SCAR Weapon System FN SCAR-H/Mk.17 Vol.2 (LRE35057) (Live Resin)
1 x 1/35 USSOCOM SCAR Weapon System FN SCAR-H/Mk.17 Vol.1 (LRE35055) (Live Resin)

Gotta say they all look really good in the box. :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on September 07, 2017, 12:49:41 AM

Gotta say they all look really good in the box. :thumbsup:

That's the only one of those additions that I know what you are talking about  ;D If it's as nice as the 1/72 kit it will be good, although the turret may need a little care and attention when fitting. They may have tweaked the 1/48 kit though.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Chaos

McColm

zenrat

I found myself in a LHS today with spare cash in my wallet.

Academy 1/72 P-40E (parts breakdown appears identical to the much older Hasegawa kit but with a slightly more detailed cockpit) which has additional Aussie decals.
Italeri 1/72 UH-34J Sea Horse.
Hobby Boss 1/48 KV1 Model 1942 "Simplified Turret".  Unlike the same manufacturers 1/48 T34 this one has no interior detail and so may get used in a kit bash I have been thinking about.  Or maybe not.  IMO 1/48 is a much more sensible armour scale than 1/35 as the finished model is big enough not to need bionic eyesight but small enough not to take up too much space.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

DogfighterZen

After a few months without buying any modelling related products, last night i ordered a few items.
From ebay sellers, Eduard cockpit PE set for 1/48 Hasegawa F-16, Orange Hobby mask set for 1/72 F-35C.
From Bigcat.com.pt, a bottle of Microsol and 1x Trumpeter 1/72 Mig-29SMT 9-19.
I'm also going to my LHS today to get some Tamiya paints but we all know how that normally works out... :angel:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

TheChronicOne

Ordered some kits from China 3 months ago but can't even make contact with the company (they never arrived) so I had my bank squash the purchase. At first they said they wouldn't but then I discover my money is back in my account so........   

I bought this instead.....

Box a little ratty but it's sealed so hopefully the transfers are in decent shape. $65 and free shipping!
-Sprues McDuck-