Re: My stash just grew again (2017)

Started by Martin H, December 31, 2016, 11:33:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcf

No 1/72 Venom from Heller or Revell.

Revell has recently released a 1/72 Vampire, however the plastic is the MPM/Special Hobby kit from 2014, not Heller.
From what I've found, Heller only did two De Havilland aircraft, the Dragon Rapide and the Vampire/Mistral.

Aside from the boxed and reboxed a-infinitum Frog kit, the CMR series of kits appear to it for Venoms in 1/72.

The Wooksta!

Rareplane did a vacform FB4 in 72nd and Aeroclub did both FB1 and FB4s in limited run injection.  I have quite a few salted away.

Revell have reboxed the Heller Vampire at least twice.  Possibly the Mistral too.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

Quote from: Thorvic on September 23, 2017, 07:07:30 AM

Gran Models from Russia , ordered from importer in Eire

The wonders of globalisation  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitbasher

On the positive side, from F&S Models near my Mum - Airfix new-mould Me262 and Fortress III courtesy of Mrs Kitbasher (and not even my birthday!).

On the negative side, F&S Models will be closing its doors by the end of this year.  Chatting with the owner and he's decided to retire and sell up (closing down sale to follow).  Fair enough, he is 68.

So with ED Models long gone (near the in-laws) and F&S going, when Tony and Jan at AJ Aviation Hobbies (aka The Aviation Hobby Shop) decide to finally throw in the towel for good I think that's stash additions done with (apart from at shows).  Like the rest of us I'm not exactly short of stuff in the stash!
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Howard of Effingham

From the IPMS Brampton Show today.....

1/72 Matchbox Henschel HS-126
1/72 Platz X-47B US Navy UCAS
1/144 Eastern Express Boeing B757 [for modification to a proposed RAF Transport/AAR a/c from early 1980s]
1/35 Tamiya M247 Sgt York Air Defence Gun System
1/72 Fujimi F-14D [this is the boxing with WM, etched brass and rubber tyres]
1/72 Broplan Gulfstream IV vacform
1/72 Tamiya DH Mosquito IV
1/144 S+M Models VC10 Skybolt Poffler conversion set

a pot of paint, two brushes, some weathering enamel and three decal sheets.

It was a great show as usual.
Keeper of George the Cat.

Nick

At Brampton show today I put a couple of quid in the tombola and came away with a Matchbox Twin Otter  :thumbsup:

Found myself looking at a Marivox FFVS J22, the wartime Swedish fighter that looks like a FW-190 or P-35 - http://www.ipmsstockholm.org/magazine/2002/01/stuff_eng_sebardt_j22.htm
Wish I'd got it now.

McColm

1/72 Airfix Lockheed Super Constellation

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on September 23, 2017, 01:08:50 PM
No 1/72 Venom from Heller or Revell.

Revell has recently released a 1/72 Vampire, however the plastic is the MPM/Special Hobby kit from 2014, not Heller.
From what I've found, Heller only did two De Havilland aircraft, the Dragon Rapide and the Vampire/Mistral.

Aside from the boxed and reboxed a-infinitum Frog kit, the CMR series of kits appear to it for Venoms in 1/72.

Venom, Vampire, all the same...  ;)

It's a Vampire Mk. 5, and it is the reboxed Heller kit. Revell re-released it several times since 1991, and you have to really watch out which kit you actually get from Revell.

Mine's this one here:

Besides, I got me an Xtrakit Swift, to be converted into "something else", though.

PR19_Kit

Yes, that Heller/Revell Vampire is quite good, raised panel lines or not. It's well moulded, fits together nicely and really looks the part. Compared to old FROG version it's like night and day!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

It is good.  But it is also very very hard to get enough weight in the nose.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on September 25, 2017, 04:22:53 AM

It is good.  But it is also very very hard to get enough weight in the nose.

Very true, I can't remember what I did to solve that with the two of them I've built. Perhaps some scrap unobtanium?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

zenrat

IIRC you told me you put some weight in the leading edges of the wings.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on September 25, 2017, 04:39:03 AM

IIRC you told me you put some weight in the leading edges of the wings.

Oh yes, thanks for reminding me.  :thumbsup:

I think I used flattened lead strips along the LE just outside the intakes.

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

Aeroclub did a white metal u/c which helps.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

Quote from: kitbasher on September 24, 2017, 08:47:21 AM

So with ED Models long gone (near the in-laws) and F&S going, when Tony and Jan at AJ Aviation Hobbies (aka The Aviation Hobby Shop) decide to finally throw in the towel for good I think that's stash additions done with (apart from at shows).  Like the rest of us I'm not exactly short of stuff in the stash!

Not had a model shop within easy travelling range (bear in mind I use public transport) for a very long time. Nearest is probably Hannant's at Colindale which is about 2 hours each way ? Sign of the times  :-\
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.