Re: My stash just grew again (2017)

Started by Martin H, December 31, 2016, 11:33:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steel Penguin

not yet Cronic, I got it as I know its a limited run , and now know I have to acquire some skill in making vac kits before I try.
soon though SOON!   :o ;D :wacko:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

TheChronicOne

Quote from: Steel Penguin on October 30, 2017, 09:24:12 AM
not yet Cronic, I got it as I know its a limited run , and now know I have to acquire some skill in making vac kits before I try.
soon though SOON!   :o ;D :wacko:
;D

I don't blame you for wanting to practice first.

I ran over to your blog to see the happenings and and got the low down...   I think its a great idea you and Kit came up with to get your hands on one to do to get your feet wet. Best of luck on that!

I have ONE vacuform kit in my possession... some Japanese float plane and at one time I thought it might be fun to try to do but uhhhhhhhh...... I think, like you, I'd rather try something simpler than a bi-plane with floats rather than risk butchering it.  ;D

Having said all this... I wonder....   as airplane kits go if this isn't one the largest ever? I know there's a 1/72 H4 Hercules out there and a 1/48 Concorde but this HAS to be "up there" on the list of huge aircraft kits.
-Sprues McDuck-

Steel Penguin

some one at the IPMS show at telford a couple of years ago had a 1:48 peacemaker on show,  you could have put small children in it!
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 

TheChronicOne

Good Lord!!  When stuff gets that big, I'd be tempted to weather proof it and display it outside. This is why I've given up on ever buying that 1/72 C-5 Galaxy. I do NOT want to go to the trouble to properly anchor it to the ceiling so the only other option would be to display it OUTSIDE like a glorified yard ornament (barring things like donating it to a museum or some such).

Knowing my neighborhood, though, some crackhead would come steal it.  ;D ;D ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

JayBee

This might be the one you are thinking of, although I am sure this is just 1/48 scale.
From the very large scale guys at the 2016 SMW.

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

TheChronicOne

Wow!! Look at that beast.

Fuselage lookin like a softball bat!

-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Quote from: JayBee on October 30, 2017, 10:10:56 AM
This might be the one you are thinking of, although I am sure this is just 1/48 scale.
From the very large scale guys at the 2016 SMW.

My brain can't gauge the size of that thing because it's seeing the 1/32 Hornet box as if it was a 1/72 one.
OK, i've just told it that's a standard sized trestle table...

...wow!
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Steel Penguin

they had a Valkyrie to go with it as well, ( in case you needed a new coffee table), if I had a spare house to store them in when assembled, and a spare kidney, id have gone tonto.
Both Kit and myself thought they were a splendid idea, when we saw them, just could ant wok out where in heck we could put them

PR19_Kit

The guy on the stand gave me the B-36 fuselage moulding to hold, and considering it was so huge and moulded in fibreglass, I was amazed how light it was.

I was expecting to have to lean back to  take the weight but there was almost nothing to it, a superb piece of work, but as Lawrence says, where the DEVIL would you put it???  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 31, 2017, 12:21:26 PM
where the DEVIL would you put it???  :o

On a pole in your front yard    :-\
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

PR19_Kit

Quote from: kitnut617 on October 31, 2017, 02:21:40 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 31, 2017, 12:21:26 PM
where the DEVIL would you put it???  :o

On a pole in your front yard    :-\

It's so big that I'd probably need planning permission to that over here.........
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

rickshaw

Quote from: TheChronicOne on October 30, 2017, 09:09:16 AM
You're/I'm in good company! I stay confused as well, in fact, I just ruminated about that very thing over in the blog about this Vigilante/Skyray kitbash scale o' rama contraption that I'm attempting to assemble.  :rolleyes: ;D

I am never confused.  People are always telling me where to go...   :banghead:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

The Wooksta!

Just nabbed a CMR Seafire F.17 off ebay.  The seller had included the CMR wing fold set, so that's about £60's worth of gear and he was charging £20.  Result!
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

Snowtrooper

Tail end of the previous haul.

From Thorvic: Italeri B-26K Counter-Invader -- non-whiffed, at most slight changes in things under the wings
From Alleycat Models: JL-100 rocket/fuelpods & pylons and underwing stores for Lightning Strike (still pondering whether to use a minimal-change F.3 ie. ye olde Airfixe as basis, or try to patch together the remains of the old Mbox F.6 and claim it is a rebuild of older marks -- yes, I'm aware that the real-world proposal had the new wing but different shaped belly tank but it predated the F.6/F.2A anyway)