Squizzette

Quote from: Old Wombat on November 05, 2017, 03:45:02 PM
Neat! :thumbsup:

Glad they arrived safe & are going to be used wisely. ;D

Wisely, yes. Very wisely.  ;D
"So many ideas, so little talent" ;)

Weaver

Quote from: chrisonord on November 05, 2017, 12:15:01 PM
Today on a car park somewhere in an East Lancastrian town 2 dubious looking characters did a dodgy looking deal, involving a bag full of Humbrol enamel paints and a 1/72nd scale Mirage III BZ. :mellow:
Cheers H :thumbsup:
Chris

This is just the sort of irresponsible conspiracy theory which shouldn't be given a platform by a responsible website, and I utterly refuse to give it the oxygen of publicity by either confirming or denying it's accuracy.

(Cheers Chris  :thumbsup: )
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

chrisonord

Quote from: Weaver on November 05, 2017, 04:15:45 PM
Today on a car park somewhere in an East Lancastrian town 2 dubious looking characters did a dodgy looking deal, involving a bag full of Humbrol enamel paints and a 1/72nd scale Mirage III BZ. :mellow:
Chris

This is just the sort of irresponsible conspiracy theory which shouldn't be given a platform by a responsible website, and I utterly refuse to give it the oxygen of publicity by either confirming or denying it's accuracy.

😂🤔
Cheers H, yo can tell you have worked for the M.O.D. Haha
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Weaver

Quote from: chrisonord on November 05, 2017, 04:53:15 PM
Chris

😂🤔

You may think that but I couldn't possibly comment.... ;)
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

zenrat

Quote from: chrisonord on November 05, 2017, 04:53:15 PM
Chris

😂🤔

I hope you parked boot to boot.  It adds an extra level of dubiousity.

I received today, from Hobby Tools Australia, 100 Swan Morton #11 blades.  That should keep me going for a week or two.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

strobez

I THOUGHT my stash just grew again... but something seems to have been lost in transition.

In September I ordered 3 kits (Polikarpov I-1, Olympia 2 Door Saloon Staff Car, and a Ford Model T M.M.G.S.) from www.modelhobbies.co.uk but it seems to have gone missing.  The package should have arrived a couple of weeks ago, but nothing.  My request for a tracking number, clarification, or at least some proof it was shipped seems to have fallen on deaf ears.  I've sent 3 emails already and after a lengthy wait all I got was "this is the address it was sent to, is this correct?"

Customer service doesn't seem to be high on their priority list.  Quite disappointing.
Thanks!

Greg

TheChronicOne

Quote from: strobez on November 05, 2017, 05:29:34 PM
I THOUGHT my stash just grew again... but something seems to have been lost in transition.

In September I ordered 3 kits (Polikarpov I-1, Olympia 2 Door Saloon Staff Car, and a Ford Model T M.M.G.S.) from www.modelhobbies.co.uk but it seems to have gone missing.  The package should have arrived a couple of weeks ago, but nothing.  My request for a tracking number, clarification, or at least some proof it was shipped seems to have fallen on deaf ears.  I've sent 3 emails already and after a lengthy wait all I got was "this is the address it was sent to, is this correct?"

Customer service doesn't seem to be high on their priority list.  Quite disappointing.

That... sucks. Considering the poor communication, my advice would be to run like hell to the bank to dispute the claim.

I JUST got done dealing with the same thing and only a week or two ago got the letter telling me it was finally resolved in my favor (amazingly).

Long story short(ish).. I ordered some kits. A number of weeks went by(more than necessary, trust me) and AFTER numerous emails (the only contact available) I got NO response, period. I went to my bank and they told me I had 90 days to dispute the charge. At that point it was a little over 6 weeks. Seeing as how I had about another 5+ weeks before the deadline, the banker and I decided to give them more time to send me the kits.

Well, one week prior to the 90 day deadline I go in and .... ALL OF A SUDDEN the deadline was 60 days, not 90, and the person I talked to at the bank about it suddenly has amnesia. In other words.. the goal posts moved.

I made a big stink and they sent the paper work up to the "main bank" in the capitol anyway even after they told me it wouldn't do any good. I was fully expecting to lose my money but, like I said, about a week or two ago I got a letter saying they, in essence, "ruled" in my favor and I got my money back. I guarantee this isn't normal. I'm still amazed that this went my way.

Moral of the story... go squash it now.... don't let anyone talk you into waiting. Get yo damn money back, bruh.

-Sprues McDuck-

strobez

I kind of wonder if anyone else has had dealings with this website.  It doesn't seem to be a fly-by-night operation and I have ordered from them before and received my package in a timely and well-packed fashion.  At this point I do believe they sent it... but am at a loss for what could have happened.  The Korean post office is usually very efficient... they even managed to decipher the strange English-language combo address that my mom managed to create... and she doesn't even know her 구 from her 로!

Thanks!

Greg

TheChronicOne

Could be one of them cases where things simply get lost in the mail.  :-\   Are you sure a crackhead didn't steal the package off your porch?  ( ;D)   I mean, I kind of kid... but package theft is real.  :o

-Sprues McDuck-

strobez

All packages are left at the apartment caretaker's office... so not likely.

If he starts smelling like Tamiya cement though...  :angry:
Thanks!

Greg

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

Snowtrooper

I've only ordered from Modelhobbies through evilbay, and then it has worked well for me every time. Though on a local forum, people ordering directly from them have been complaining the same (packets missing or late several weeks or months, no replies to emails whatsoever and nobody answers the phone).

Could be that they actually have only the ebay goods in the inventory, the rest they will have to order from the stockist so there will be an additional delay (and if the stockist is out of inventory, then even longer). Also, due to ebay's feedback system they can't afford to let those orders be lost, so this means they get priority over direct orders.

It's not very encouraging though if you check their mail address through Google Street View, it shows an empty lot.

strobez

After a quick look online, it seems my story is a very familiar one.  I'm usually a little careful with online vendors, I never risk more than I'm prepared to walk away from, and I usually make a small order first.  That's what I did in this case, so it shows it's not foolproof.

I think the fact that it's an affiliate vendor on Scalemates gave me a false sense of security. Sigh...
Thanks!

Greg

strobez

Look at that... one post in public on Scalemates and suddenly my package was "found" and a replacement is being sent... guess those three emails I sent didn't really capture the imagination...

https://www.scalemates.com/whatsnew.php?topic=3684861
Thanks!

Greg

The Wooksta!

I've only dealt with them via ebay and haven't had an issue.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic