Re: My stash just grew again (2017)

Started by Martin H, December 31, 2016, 11:33:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: strobez on November 06, 2017, 02:07:47 AM
Look at that... one post in public on Scalemates and suddenly my package was "found" and a replacement is being sent... guess those three emails I sent didn't really capture the imagination...

https://www.scalemates.com/whatsnew.php?topic=3684861

Nice one, making it very public certainly worked.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

chrisonord

I used to buy quite regularly off them several years ago, they were good back then, never an issue,but things can change I suppose.
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

chrisonord

Wandered in to the works in Blackburn this afternoon, and found a solitary airfix Fouga Magister, five quid so it came home with me. In the post from that there ebay, another Italeri Kfir C7, to be suitably modified and pressed in to Central American service.
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

ChernayaAkula

Stash inflation momentum is on the up, thanks to a couple of eBay wins (about a tenner each per kit):

Amodel 1/72 Yak-28IM - how could you not love this shape?  :wub: No immediate plans yet. French colours? Radar + AAMs? Vautour-ish? Or USAF: Falcons and Genies?  :wacko:

Amodel 1/72 Yak-28PP - may get the two Amodel Kh-28/AS-9 Kyles I got a while back. No idea regarding operator, though.

Hasegawa 1/72 F-15DJ "Aggressor 2010" - was aiming at the Finback and only bid on this "for a laugh". Didn't expect to get it for that little money. Tornado ADV stand-in? I suppose you could twist history's arm a bit and have a present day RAF F-15 twin-seater with ASRAAMs and Meteor.

Trumpeter 1/72 Shenyang F-8II Finback -  will be whiffed to a Cold War Brit aircraft, sorta like Dizzyfugu's "Hawker Harpy" build (LINK!), but probably different armament and camo scheme, maybe even a second seat.

Also got a bunch of decal sheets, 1/72 of course (unless noted):

Moose Republic Decals for Swedish Bo 105s, Hueys and one of the Viggen sheets. Mostly for real-world builds, but some for whifs as well.
Xtradecal Mirage F.1 - both the single- and the twin-seater sheet. Some interesting options for whifs as well.
Xtradecal Jet Provost and Strikemaster sheets - lots of whiffery goodness.  :wub:
MicroScale F-86 sheet - mostly for the stencils.

Model Maker 1/144 Polish MiG-29 sheet with famous pilots on the tails - since there's no decent 1/144 Fulcrum available, these will probably end up on a suitable other type. Polish Hornet?
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

zenrat

I persuaded Mrs z to make a slight detour on a trip into the city yesterday and from Metro Hobbies procured a Roden 1/35 Rolls Royce Armoured Car (1920, modified, sand tyres).
I've been thinking about one of these for a while and the box art just tipped it for me.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

McColm

1/72 Matchbox McDonnell R/F-101B Voodoo
1/72 Phantom Spey jet exhaust pipes

Old Wombat

Quote from: zenrat on November 06, 2017, 05:50:45 PM
I persuaded Mrs z to make a slight detour on a trip into the city yesterday and from Metro Hobbies procured a Roden 1/35 Rolls Royce Armoured Car (1920, modified, sand tyres).
I've been thinking about one of these for a while and the box art just tipped it for me.

Jealous!
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Nice box art on that armoured car, almost worth framing.

I've always wondered how much room to move there was in the turret, given you had the breech and other gubbins of the Vicker's and Boye's to fit in, plus some spare drums for the Lewis  :unsure:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Just received an ebay win after being told by Thorvic that the kit existed

1 x 1/72 Airfix Lynx Mk8

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

zenrat

I went into a model shop today and left with only a pack of 1mm styrene sheet.

However, the postie brought me a box from Shapeways containing two life rafts, a zodiac rubber boat, six Vickers guns and two 20mm Oerlikon on single deck mountings (all 1/72).
The guns are very intricate with the Oelikons being rather fragile (both arrived with slightly curved barrels and one with a bent gunshield which broke when I tried to straighten it with my big clumsy fingers).  Life rafts and Zodiac are frosted finish which might be a mistake as it could be a pain to clean up.
20171108_133940 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
20171108_133950 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
20171108_133910 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
20171108_133850 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Who! :o The Vickers & the Oerlikon guns are great! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

strobez

But won't they melt once you take them out of the freezer?  :wacko:

I finally got a bit of good news on the stash front.  I finally found a Hasegawa 1/72 A-1H Skyraider for what I consider a reasonable price ($16 +$3.50 shipping) thanks to some perseverance and the marketplace forum at mmzone.co.kr. I've yet to see one for less than about $35...so i'm happy.
Thanks!

Greg

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on November 08, 2017, 04:34:56 AM

The Oerlikon in particular is amazing  :o

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 08, 2017, 05:53:33 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on November 08, 2017, 04:34:56 AM

The Oerlikon in particular is amazing  :o

The one that comes in the Airfix ASR launch is even better.......... (at least I think it's the ASR launch, it may be their MTB)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit