Re: My stash just grew again (2017)

Started by Martin H, December 31, 2016, 11:33:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Payne

Quote from: Thorvic on November 19, 2017, 06:06:53 AM
Following a tip off from Falcon (Chris P) I popped down the hill to the local Aldi and picked up a pair of Airfix Jet Provost Gift Sets for £4.99 each  :thumbsup:

I can see this doing wonders for my EKFP Total. :wacko: :thumbsup:

Chris.

2014 EKFP Total = 8
2015 EKFP Total = 6
2016 EKFP Total = 2
2017 EKFP Total = 7
2018 EKFP Total = 3

TallEng

Quote from: Thorvic on November 19, 2017, 06:06:53 AM
Following a tip off from Falcon (Chris P) I popped down the hill to the local Aldi and picked up a pair of Airfix Jet Provost Gift Sets for £4.99 each  :thumbsup:

That's mildly annoying :rolleyes:
I doubt my local Aldi will have any JP's
(Possibly because I live in Germany) ;D
Still anythings possible...
Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

Squizzette

Delivered over the weekend From Leading Observers Stash Reduction.

1/72     Airfix     Beagle Basset [Kitstarter Boxing]
1/72     Italeri    Caproni Ca.311
1/72     Revell    S-2A Tracker

Arrived while I was away and housemates were left trying to figure out what I'd bought for two days.  :rolleyes:

Squizz
"So many ideas, so little talent" ;)

McColm

1/72 Revell Avro Shackleton MR.3 which will be the donor for a AEW.3 build.
1/144 Revell Boeing E-3A Sentry

Old Wombat

Received today:

1 x Acrylic Paint - Light Green Khaki for Russian Army (17ml)    (MiG-Ammo)
1 x 1/35 M61 A1 Vulcan - Six-barrelled rotary 20mm Cannon - Turned Barrels with etch    (Master Model)
1 x 1/35 Russian BTR-40 APC    (Trumpeter) ... I love the oddly futuristic look of this old 1940's-designed vehicle
1 x 1/35 Humvee TOW Turret Set    (Legend) ... the 2nd of these I've bought, neither will go on a Humvee
1 x 1/35 TOW Missile Racks Set    (Legend) ... the 2nd of these I've bought, neither will go in a Humvee
1 x 1/35 Assault Trooper with M240L Machine Gun and MICO Pack Ammo Can    (ANT Miniatures)

1/35 Weapons & attachments (various manufacturers - resin):- Russian "Pecheneg" Machine Gun; Lee Enfield .303 Rifle Set (set of 2); Heckler & Koch HK416 Modular Assault Rifle Vol.1 (set of 6); US Army Scope Set #1; US Army Scope Set #2; Harris Bipods, Opened And Folded, & Surefire Tactical Weaponlights Set.

& a bunch of scenics stuff for dioramas.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Dizzyfugu

A Hobby Boss 1:72 Ju 88 C-6 (actually as a donor bank, but the remains might be kitbashed) and a Revell 1:72 M60A3 tank, to be converted into a real world M60A2 ("Starship").

Weaver

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on November 20, 2017, 01:33:58 AM
A Hobby Boss 1:72 Ju 88 C-6 (actually as a donor bank, but the remains might be kitbashed) and a Revell 1:72 M60A3 tank, to be converted into a real world M60A2 ("Starship").

Italeri/ESCI did a 1/72nd kit of the M60A2 - I've got one.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Weaver

Quote from: The Wooksta! on November 19, 2017, 09:37:36 AM
I find drinking Rum neat to be more rewarding.

Drinking dark rum neat (or at all) 'rewards' me with horrible nightmares - every freakin' time, like flicking a switch. White rum? Fine... :unsure:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

NARSES2

Quote from: Weaver on November 20, 2017, 05:49:05 AM

Drinking dark rum neat (or at all) 'rewards' me with horrible nightmares - every freakin' time, like flicking a switch. White rum? Fine... :unsure:

Dark rum (neat) for sipping ; Gin (with tonic and a slice of lime) for drinking  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Weaver on November 20, 2017, 05:46:42 AM
Italeri/ESCI did a 1/72nd kit of the M60A2 - I've got one.

They did!?  :blink: Must be rare, though. Mine will have a different starting point, though, because I bought a resin turret/conversion some years ago and recently stumbled upon it. Lacked a hull, though, and with the recently procured early M60A1 aluminium wheels from Silesian models I have now (finally) a complete "Starship" model at hand.  :lol:

kitnut617

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 20, 2017, 06:24:12 AM

Dark rum (neat) for sipping ; Gin (with tonic and a slice of lime) for drinking  :thumbsup:

Dark rum with Coke --- all inclusive style   Cuba Libra  ;) ;)   ;D
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

jcf

So, no Pusser's for Xmas then?  :wacko:

The Wooksta!

From the vile jumble sale that is TK Maxx:
Airfix Beaufighter TF.10 Firedog

From Aldi
2x Airfix Jet Provost T.4
2 x Airfix Spitfire mk Ia
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

chrisonord

Got two kits given to me today by some friends, airfix 1/72nd scale red arrows Hawk and YZR 500 MotoGP bike, not sure what the bike scale is, but taken gratefully as I am sure I can wiff both, or pass the bike on to someone who builds them.
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

The Wooksta!

Just ordered from Eduard's website an absolute fckton of 72nd Spitfire overtrees, comprising
6 mk VIIIs (4 are for some friends)
5 mk XVIe bubbletop post war
4 mk XVIe highback postwar
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic