Re: My stash just grew again (2017)

Started by Martin H, December 31, 2016, 11:33:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

I just won another Frogfoot on evil bay.  Hobbycraft this time.  I seem to be collecting them like I did MiG 21s a year or so ago.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

The Wooksta!

We're all collectors until we build them...
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

TheChronicOne

Just how many various Frogfoot kits are there in 1/72??  Eventually I'd like to get my hands on something that could be made into the Su-25TM.
-Sprues McDuck-

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: The Wooksta! on November 21, 2017, 02:07:20 AM
We're all collectors until we build them...

Or: We're all collectors until we get crushed under the stash avalanche.  ;)

The Wooksta!

Not me.  I fully intend to go through the pearly gates backwards in a flaming Aston Martin.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Weaver

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on November 20, 2017, 12:40:58 PM
Quote from: Weaver on November 20, 2017, 05:49:05 AM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on November 19, 2017, 09:37:36 AM
I find drinking Rum neat to be more rewarding.

Drinking dark rum neat (or at all) 'rewards' me with horrible nightmares - every freakin' time, like flicking a switch. White rum? Fine... :unsure:

So, no Pusser's for Xmas then?  :wacko:

Nope. Currently working my way through a rather fine bottle of Sloe Gin. :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

zenrat

Quote from: The Wooksta! on November 21, 2017, 05:35:47 PM
Not me.  I fully intend to go through the pearly gates backwards in a flaming Aston Martin.

Yours or somebody else's?

Quote from: TheChronicOne on November 21, 2017, 03:49:56 AM
Just how many various Frogfoot kits are there in 1/72??  Eventually I'd like to get my hands on something that could be made into the Su-25TM.

If I am reading Scalemates correctly, in 1/72 there are 6 different moulds which have been boxed by a multitude of manufacturers.
I have 2 (ACE & Cooperativa) with one on the way (Hobbycraft).
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Dizzyfugu

Shot a Revell (ex ESCI) 1:72 Northrop F-5B on ebay. I consider building it in (personal) Catalonian colors.

kitnut617

Well, bit the bullet just now, ordered from Sprue Brothers one Kittyhawk 1/48 F-35B plus a Furball canopy mask for it and a 1/72 set of Scale Aircraft Conversion F-35B u/c. They were having a 20% off, Black Friday promotion on top of whatever price reduction they already had.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

zenrat

From Evil Bay.
Kawasaki Ki-61 Tony by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Original 1973 first release.  Decals are in there but will definitely be toast.  Not that that matters to the likes of us. ;D

Fred

The Chaos

NARSES2

That Hasegawa "Tony" boxing stirs some memories. Evocative box art for sure
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Spey_Phantom

new kits, got them north of the border this afternoon :)

2 x 1/144 Revell Mig-29 Swifts
1 x 1/72 EC-135 ANWB
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

chrisonord

At long last my ACE stalwart mk2 has arrived, I think the place in the Ukraine may have had someone walk here with it and hand deliver it looking at how long it took to get here. Nice looking little kit though, even though it has LOTS of tiny parts in it.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

kitbasher

AZ SR53 (prototype version) from Mr Strachan.  neat looking kit, have wanted an SR53 for years.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter