Re: My stash just grew again (2017)

Started by Martin H, December 31, 2016, 11:33:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheChronicOne

I seen y'all talking about it and had to go find one. Added it to the short list of things I was looking for and lucked out! I got one mint or nm I guess, factory sealed in the original yadda yadda for $10 plus another $4 shipping. I wasn't about to let that go by, I know a deal when I see one. Got a really nice Airfix Shooting Star with it, too!

Also scored a Wellington, a Bulldog, and a Harrier:

Wellington should be a hoot!!

-Sprues McDuck-

McColm

Won on eBay 1/72 box of three bombers 'spares or repairs';
Wellington
Stirling
B-17G

zenrat

That Airfix Lightning was released in about 1973 from memory.  Wasn't factory sealing back then a couple of strips of sticky tape?

Good score though Brad C.

:thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

strobez

So, after resorting to a public shaming on Scalemates, Modelhobbies.co.uk finally shipped out my kits.  So added to the stash are:

- 1/72 Model T scout car (destined for Tintin in the Congo build)
- 1/72 1937 Opel Olympia (destined for a Tintin King Ottokar's Sceptre build... paired up with the tiny motorcycle I already built)
-1/72 Polikarpov I-1 (destined for a Tintin in the Land of the Soviets build)

I was glad to finally get them as Moddelhobbies seems to be the only option for the Model T anyway.

The only downside was that I accidentally ordered the 1937 Olympia saloon instead of the 1938 cabriolet. Conveniently almost all the needed parts are in the '37 kit as well... mainly just need to make a few adjustments to the side panels.
Thanks!

Greg

TheChronicOne

Quote from: zenrat on December 02, 2017, 12:44:34 AM
That Airfix Lightning was released in about 1973 from memory.  Wasn't factory sealing back then a couple of strips of sticky tape?

Distributor sealed then!   ;D   Like Hase kits (or a good sized portion of... if I seem to indicate that I'm saying ALL of them are, someone will surely show up to tell me that for 12 minutes on Saturday in 1984 they shrink wrapped four kits or something). They aren't sealed out of the factory and if one is found in shrink wrap, it was put on sometime after it left the factory.

I'm stoked to have it and I'm going to get the other versions as well so I can make a series of Lightnings. Most likely to be made real world, however. That's fine.. I'll get some duplicate kits at some point in the future and will make something nutty.  ;D

I have to admit, though, I more stoked about the Bulldog (that livery!!  :wub: :wub: ) and that Welly. That Welly is supposed to be quite nice. I don't know much about them, myself, but the weird windows have always intrigued me and I've shot down a couple dozen in flight sim game so I've been looking for one for awhile now.
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Quote from: strobez on December 02, 2017, 01:33:20 AM
So, after resorting to a public shaming on Scalemates, Modelhobbies.co.uk finally shipped out my kits.  So added to the stash are:

- 1/72 1937 Opel Olympia (destined for a Tintin King Ottokar's Sceptre build... paired up with the tiny motorcycle I already built)

I was glad to finally get them as Moddelhobbies seems to be the only option for the Model T anyway.

The only downside was that I accidentally ordered the 1937 Olympia saloon instead of the 1938 cabriolet. Conveniently almost all the needed parts are in the '37 kit as well... mainly just need to make a few adjustments to the side panels.

Good to hear. Sometimes the squeeky wheel gets the oil.  :mellow: :mellow:
-Sprues McDuck-

Weaver

Quote from: TheChronicOne on December 02, 2017, 05:39:10 AM
Quote from: strobez on December 02, 2017, 01:33:20 AM

Good to hear. Sometimes the squeeky wheel gets the oil.  :mellow: :mellow:

Especially on social media: it's amazing how fast an airline can sort a problem out when a big Youtuber with a couple of million followers starts tweeting at them about how she's stuck in an airport due to @Delta's (or whoever's) screw-up.... :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Weaver

Quote from: TheChronicOne on December 02, 2017, 05:36:23 AM

Distributor sealed then!   ;D   Like Hase kits (or a good sized portion of... if I seem to indicate that I'm saying ALL of them are, someone will surely show up to tell me that for 12 minutes on Saturday in 1984 they shrink wrapped four kits or something). They aren't sealed out of the factory and if one is found in shrink wrap, it was put on sometime after it left the factory.

I'm stoked to have it and I'm going to get the other versions as well so I can make a series of Lightnings. Most likely to be made real world, however. That's fine.. I'll get some duplicate kits at some point in the future and will make something nutty.  ;D

I have to admit, though, I more stoked about the Bulldog (that livery!!  :wub: :wub: ) and that Welly. That Welly is supposed to be quite nice. I don't know much about them, myself, but the weird windows have always intrigued me and I've shot down a couple dozen in flight sim game so I've been looking for one for awhile now.

The Shooting Star is also a really nice kit. :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Chris Payne

Another couple added to the stash today.

Airfix 1/72 Jet Provost T.4 x2 (from my local Aldi)
Chris.

2014 EKFP Total = 8
2015 EKFP Total = 6
2016 EKFP Total = 2
2017 EKFP Total = 7
2018 EKFP Total = 3

TheChronicOne

Quote from: Weaver on December 02, 2017, 06:32:27 AM
Quote from: TheChronicOne on December 02, 2017, 05:36:23 AM

The Shooting Star is also a really nice kit. :thumbsup:
Oh nice!!! I love them lil jets.  :wub: :wub:  Good to know the kit is a winner. I haven't built a whole ton, but I've built enough to know that some of the old Airfix stuff builds up well, and some don't (Looking at you, F-5 Freedom Fighter!!  ;D)   :lol:

I would still like to get my hands on the Platz T-33 with the patriotic livery, though.  :mellow: :mellow:
-Sprues McDuck-

DogfighterZen

I've built one of them Shooting stars, very nice kit indeed. :thumbsup: Brad, if my crystal ball isn't wasted like i am now, i'm seeing a couple of Migs arriving at your doorstep sometime next week... yes, i see them clearly now... ok, got my coat and headin' out... ;D
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

TheChronicOne

A couple late comers I forgot to mention earlier. Neato stuff all the same, if you ask me!!

I got this Frog Sea Vixen. Been trying to score a Sea Vixen for a while now... I keep seeing those newer really nice high falutin kits come up but they're always pricey. For some reason I don't see too many others come up for auction on the US eBay but I caught this one and managed to get it for about $14 after shipping. Canopy a lil thick? I looked at it and it is, but it appears nice and clear so once it's on should look alright I guess. It looks quite a bit better than the one in my Novo boxing of the Sea Venom and that was kind of what I was expecting so I'm pretty happy it's not as bad that one..  ;D

A lil moldy lookin.  ;D 

I also got a tiny lil cute lil C-5A Galaxy:

It's cool! I normally wouldn't bother with "off scale" stuff because I stick to 1/72. For certain subjects, however, I want every kit I can get my hands on so I'm pleased as punch to have it. Won't be difficult to build or display. It's the size of a 1/72 Mustang.  :mellow:
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Quote from: DogfighterZen on December 02, 2017, 03:50:15 PM
I've built one of them Shooting stars, very nice kit indeed. :thumbsup: Brad, if my crystal ball isn't wasted like i am now, i'm seeing a couple of Migs arriving at your doorstep sometime next week... yes, i see them clearly now... ok, got my coat and headin' out... ;D
;D ;D ;D

I just cracked open brew #2. I may wind up three sheets to the wind by the end of tonight meself!  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I shall be observing my post box with enthusiasm!! Your stuff is going out Monday. I got my Novemeber money a bit early so that helps!   ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

DogfighterZen

Quote from: TheChronicOne on December 02, 2017, 03:55:14 PM
I just cracked open brew #2. I may wind up three sheets to the wind by the end of tonight meself!  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I shall be observing my post box with enthusiasm!! Your stuff is going out Monday. I got my Novemeber money a bit early so that helps!   ;D

YAAA!! Coool...  :drink:
Dang i just finished a bottle of my boss' red called Dialog... yes, i'm talking to myself down here in the cave... all by myself... :unsure: :rolleyes: ;D
Remeber Green Day's Dookie album? The hidden track... ;D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8VXnvbc1c0
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

zenrat

Brad C.  Have you opened the Airfix Lightning?
I ask because some unscrupulous people have been known to fill older rarer kit boxes with a random selection of empty sprues (so they feel and rattle right) and then shrink wrap them feeling fairly safe in the fact that a collector will never rip off the plastic and devalue their purchase.
Which is why the first thing I do with a sealed kit is open it.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..