Re: My stash just grew again (2017)

Started by Martin H, December 31, 2016, 11:33:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcf

Quote from: Mossie on December 15, 2017, 09:20:07 AM
Airfix 1/72 Handley Page 0/400

I was surprised at how nice this kit is for it's age, look really good In the box, although the mould seems a bit worn out.

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 15, 2017, 03:11:03 AM
Quote from: Mossie on December 13, 2017, 03:08:00 PM
Roden 1/72 Gotha G.II/G.III
Interesting addition

I bought it to rob it for wing parts for the flying boat GB.  The HP was a happy accident, I was on my way to a model shop in York and passed a rail model shop that had kits in the window. I intended to get another kit as an engine donor but couldn't pass it up at the price.
However, both are really nice kits and such good partners that I'm thinking seriously about building them oob.

Something like the Dornier RS.1?  ;D

McColm

Managed to get hold of the AlleyCat Air intakes improvement set for the Airfix 1/72 HS/BAe Nimrod for a fraction of the price.
I'll see if I can use it on one of my started builds.

zenrat

Quote from: The Chaos on December 14, 2017, 01:08:16 PM
New at my Stash...

My jaw dropped at this one.  I'm jealous.
Does it actually have cutaway armour like that?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Mossie

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on December 15, 2017, 10:36:44 AM

Wonderful though it is, I'm afraid not!
thumbsup: My inspiration is a little later.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

NARSES2

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on December 15, 2017, 10:36:44 AM

Glorious. I love the "planished" aluminium effect on the hull
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

DogfighterZen

Well, just got back from the LHS... went there to have a chat with the owner, who's also in the group of people that want to make the local/regional club come true. I was also supposed to buy some Tamiya colors but instead i ended up bringing this one home... :rolleyes:

Payed 30€ for it, and although i think it was a bit expensive, the Revell 1/72 Super Hornet kits aren't much less.
Also, i like to support my LHS. It's the only one around in a 60km radius, then the closest is around 300 km away so, if i'd bought this on ebay from China, Korea or Japan, it would take at least 3 weeks to get here, cost only a couple of euros less and that is, if it doesn't get damaged or lost during transit.

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Chris Payne

Last shopping trip before Christmas and a couple of new kits in the stash.

Airfix 1/72 Canadair/North American Sabre F.4/F-86E(M)
Airfix 1/72 Avro Shackleton AEW.2 (although I am not allowed this kit til Christmas day)
Chris.

2014 EKFP Total = 8
2015 EKFP Total = 6
2016 EKFP Total = 2
2017 EKFP Total = 7
2018 EKFP Total = 3

McColm

Just won on eBay 1/72 Mach2 Breguet Br.1150 Atlantic.
To be converted into a twin turbofan powered AEW aircraft.

NARSES2

Quote from: DogfighterZen on December 16, 2017, 06:15:27 AM

Payed 30€ for it, and although i think it was a bit expensive, the Revell 1/72 Super Hornet kits aren't much less.
Also, i like to support my LHS. It's the only one around in a 60km radius, then the closest is around 300 km away so, if i'd bought this on ebay from China, Korea or Japan, it would take at least 3 weeks to get here, cost only a couple of euros less and that is, if it doesn't get damaged or lost during transit.

Understand and applaud the sentiment  :thumbsup: Just wish I had a local one to support  :-\
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

A trio of Airfix Spitfire mk Ia starter sets from ALDI.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

DogfighterZen

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 17, 2017, 01:01:44 AM
Quote from: DogfighterZen on December 16, 2017, 06:15:27 AM

Understand and applaud the sentiment  :thumbsup: Just wish I had a local one to support  :-\

Chris, to me, it's the least i can do for the store where i bought my first model back in the 80s, it's the only survivor of quite a few other stores that had modelling products so i try to do my bit to help it keep selling modelling products. :thumbsup:
I guess you buy almost everything online, right? If i didn't have this store, that's how i'd buy everything. It just wouldn't be worth the 120 km round trip just for that. I've been to other shops in Lisbon(300km away) but that was when i was going there for the insurance company's medical exams after i broke my wrist at work... which was what got me back into the hobby in the first place...
Although i don't get to to my LHS as much as i wanted to, it's the only place where i can actually speak to another modeller in person so it's always a good thing. :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

zenrat

I had to go into the local toy shop today to get some xmas presents and when I came out it seems I had accidentally purchased an Airfix Gladiator for myself.  The one with the skis.
In my defence it was 20% off.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

JayBee

Took SHMBO up to Glasgow to-day so she could meet eldest sister and exchange Xmas pressies.
Left them to it , so I went down to Scott's Models ( the successor to Jamiesons, but not yet built up to be as good as the original Aladins cave of modelling goodies)
Came away with an Italeri 1/144 ATR-42-500. An absolutely delightful little model, and one I really do not know what I will do with it.
I also came away with the tit-bit of gossip about TSR-Joe, that he was seen buying a Christmas tree. That lad is becoming definitely domesticated. Cheers to Jaqueline!  :thumbsup:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Gondor

Quote from: JayBee on December 18, 2017, 09:23:21 AM

I also came away with the tit-bit of gossip about TSR-Joe, that he was seen buying a Christmas tree. That lad is becoming definitely domesticated. Cheers to Jaqueline!  :thumbsup:

This is not the first year he has done this, and this also leads to the eviction of a large bear from his living room  :o

Going by the photographs posted on Facebook, Joe got said tree from Quick fit  :unsure:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Gondor

Decided to see if some information I had heard about ASDA selling some kits was true, so after work I popped into the Livingston brance and came away with the new Airfix Seaking for £14  :thumbsup:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....