Re: My stash just grew again (2017)

Started by Martin H, December 31, 2016, 11:33:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bungle

Quote from: DogfighterZen on December 20, 2017, 07:34:13 PM
Academy 1/72 T-50 Trainer for a PoAF Alpha Jet

I got this kit a fair few months ago it is very basic and there is no undercarriage so can only be built 'in flight'.  To be honest I was so disappointed I sold it on.

"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

zenrat

Quote from: Thorvic on December 20, 2017, 11:56:39 PM
arrived yesterday off eBay Revell 1/72 CH-54 Skycrane. Never realised it came with a howitzer   :mellow:

Something a bit different for the helicopter collection.

I never realised they made one.  I'll have to keep an eye out.
Mind you, I should actually build some of the choppers already in the stash.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

chrisonord

I bought one of those Revell ch-54 skycranes when I was working in Jersey 20 years ago, It has been in the stash ever since. I was going to make the box it carries into an air transportable command and communications unit and put a telescopic aerial on it and some equipment and operators inside. Or perhaps a mobile hospital.
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

NARSES2

Quote from: chrisonord on December 21, 2017, 04:20:31 AM
I bought one of those Revell ch-54 skycranes when I was working in Jersey 20 years ago,
Chris

I built a Skycrane with a howitzer back sometime in the 60's. Not sure if it was Revell ? May have been Renwall ? They did some nice, for the time, military kits if I remember.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

I built my Skycrane as a Rowan Air Cranes civvie lifter in pale blue, carrying the big pod painted bright orange with real 'Mogul Oil' decals from the 'Troubleshooters' TV series from the 60s. It was great kit to build I thought.

There's a REAL Mogul Oil these days, but they don't use orange as their company colour...........
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

DogfighterZen

Quote from: TheChronicOne on December 20, 2017, 08:14:20 PM
Sly devil!  I've been eyeing that PoAF trainer myself!!

I look forward to this scale o rama bit... .. . .  :unsure: ;D

But you weren't thinking of PoAF markings for it, were you? :unsure: I've had that kit in mind ever since i saw it but as it's available and it's a cheap kit, it wasn't a priority on my shopping list. Now that i've got almost all the kits on the list, it was time to get one of them. :thumbsup:
I've already been gathering parts for the Skyray, don't know why but it's been on my mind since i saw the kit... :rolleyes:

Quote from: Bungle on December 21, 2017, 01:45:40 AM
I got this kit a fair few months ago it is very basic and there is no undercarriage so can only be built 'in flight'.  To be honest I was so disappointed I sold it on.

Yup, i'm aware of the kit's simplicity. All good cause i really want to build it in flight and the 1/48 kit i will also buy, will be built gear down... The 1/72 kit can be seen as a test run for the 1/48 build. :mellow: :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

TheChronicOne

Quote from: DogfighterZen on December 21, 2017, 09:58:53 AM
Quote from: TheChronicOne on December 20, 2017, 08:14:20 PM
Sly devil!  I've been eyeing that PoAF trainer myself!!

I look forward to this scale o rama bit... .. . .  :unsure: ;D

But you weren't thinking of PoAF markings for it, were you? :unsure: I've had that kit in mind ever since i saw it but as it's available and it's a cheap kit, it wasn't a priority on my shopping list. Now that i've got almost all the kits on the list, it was time to get one of them. :thumbsup:
I've already been gathering parts for the Skyray, don't know why but it's been on my mind since i saw the kit... :rolleyes:

Quote from: Bungle on December 21, 2017, 01:45:40 AM

Yup, i'm aware of the kit's simplicity. All good cause i really want to build it in flight and the 1/48 kit i will also buy, will be built gear down... The 1/72 kit can be seen as a test run for the 1/48 build. :mellow: :thumbsup:
I type faster than my brain works. I meant "ROKAF" guess I had your plans on the brain as I was typing.  :o  As usual with trainers, I plan to build it OOB.  ;D  Training planes are the coolest.   :mellow:
-Sprues McDuck-

Bungle

" The 1/72 kit can be seen as a test run for the 1/48 build. :mellow: :thumbsup:"

Damn never thought of that excuse for buying more models. Wonder if I can get that past SWMBO "Sorry love I had to buy it because I didn't want to waste money mucking up the one I bought earlier....."    :wacko:
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Bungle on December 21, 2017, 02:11:21 PM

" The 1/72 kit can be seen as a test run for the 1/48 build. :mellow: :thumbsup:"

Damn never thought of that excuse for buying more models. Wonder if I can get that past SWMBO "Sorry love I had to buy it because I didn't want to waste money mucking up the one I bought earlier....."    :wacko:

I've been reducing the number of model acquisitions as the home budget has been directed to other priorities and i have enough stuff to build for a long long time... Now every kit purchase is very well thought out and money is previously saved up for it, so no questions are asked... :wacko:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

chrisonord

Quote from: DogfighterZen on December 21, 2017, 03:29:21 PM
Quote from: Bungle on December 21, 2017, 02:11:21 PM

I've been reducing the number of model acquisitions as the home budget has been directed to other priorities and i have enough stuff to build for a long long time... Now every kit purchase is very well thought out and money is previously saved up for it, so no questions are asked... :wacko:
I only have myself to blame, and I don't pay any attention to what I say anyway  :wacko:
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

PR19_Kit

Three Modeldecal sheets from eBay at very good prices.  :thumbsup:

I thought I had all of them, but a census revealed a few missing, so that's almost sorted now.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Mossie

Italeri 1/72 Global Hawk.  Christmas pressie from a friend.  Nice looking kit,  trying to work out what to do with it.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Mossie on December 22, 2017, 06:51:34 AM

Italeri 1/72 Global Hawk.  Christmas pressie from a friend.  Nice looking kit,  trying to work out what to do with it.

First thing is build a BIG shelf, it's a socking great model, even in 1/72.  :o

Regards
Kit

JayBee

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 22, 2017, 08:29:22 AM
Quote from: Mossie on December 22, 2017, 06:51:34 AM

Scalorama it to 1/144 and put it in the markings of Virgin Trans Global Executive.  :wacko:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Mossie

Just looking at it in the box, each wing is around a foot long.   :o

Quote from: JayBee on December 22, 2017, 08:48:35 AM

Scalorama it to 1/144 and put it in the markings of Virgin Trans Global Executive.  :wacko:

That's got me thinking further Jim, go to  1/350, and have it as a flying retreat with parasite aircraft after Necker got walloped by Irma. :angel:

No idea how to pull it off, but it's crying out for an Alien shark mouth!
http://www.f-16.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=28971
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.