Musée de l’air et de l’espace at Le Bourget Airport

Started by Knightflyer, January 01, 2017, 02:41:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knightflyer

Well these are from May of last year that I never got around to posting, so here as a taster are a few random shots

If people are interested I'll post more in a logical tour of the museum

The entrance - nothing wrong with planes on poles!

Then once through the entrance and shop .... you're greeted with this

An attempt at an arty shot - take 1

Arty shot  - take 2

The two arianes

One from the outside display area

and another

There were of course quite a few French produced aircraft, as I said, more if people are interested

The hall of prototypes and experimental types

Between the wars - not my usual area of interest, but some of these were just so ...... (insert suitable French adjective here!!!)

And some others were so shiny!  ;D

So as I said, more to come if you're interested

Oh to be whiffing again :-(

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

NARSES2

Nice pic's mate  :thumbsup:

Haven't been to Le Bourget in years - 10 at least
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

What a great collection ! I'd love to see more as well, lots of bits poking around in the background there  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Nick

I think a trip to Paris will be on the cards this year. Been meaning to get to Le Bourget for decades ever since I was driven past there as a kid by the French family I was staying with. Strong memory of a Charles Lindbergh statue by the road and a line-up of rockets behind a wall.....

Knightflyer

Quote from: Nick on January 01, 2017, 07:17:16 AM
I think a trip to Paris will be on the cards this year. Been meaning to get to Le Bourget for decades ever since I was driven past there as a kid by the French family I was staying with. Strong memory of a Charles Lindbergh statue by the road and a line-up of rockets behind a wall.....

My son (now playing with trains as part of TFL, did a Air Transport Management degree! :rolleyes:) wants us to go for the airshow ....probably in 2019 now

I'll put more photos up later / tomorrow.....there are lots of interesting aircraft there

kerick

Gotta love the PA49 Katy! Racy delta wings and tail with spatted main gear! Looks like a kitbash BdB would build......
Love the Skyraider too. Yes more pics please or a link to an album!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Librarian

Next long weekend...wife and daughter can **** off to Disney, and I'm off there ;D

Never heard of a Potez 53 but I've a feeling I've just accidently built one :banghead:

NARSES2

Quote from: Librarian on January 01, 2017, 01:03:54 PM
Next long weekend...wife and daughter can **** off to Disney, and I'm off there ;D

Personally I'd do/have done both  ;D

Quote from: Knightflyer on January 01, 2017, 08:12:45 AM

My son (now playing with trains as part of TFL,

And you/he own up to it ?  ;D No seriously TFL do a flipping good job in my view. The improvement in London's transport system since the introduction of the Mayor all those years ago has been amazing. Well done to them  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: It's the railways and in particular that shambles caused by a combination of Southern/RMT/ASLEF who are the problem.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Problems with the railways all trace back to privatisation.  Something not even thatcher was stupid enough to do.
But enough of that.

That No.10 Potez is gorgeous.  More pics please.
:thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Knightflyer

Quote from: Librarian on January 01, 2017, 01:03:54 PM

That's how I worked it. We had a week in a Eurocamp site on the North-West of Paris, easy commute into the centre, did the sights of course. Then wife, daughter and son-in-law headed south-west to Disney, I headed North to look at planes  ;D A relatively short train ride and bus

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 02, 2017, 01:21:31 AM

Quote from: Knightflyer on January 01, 2017, 08:12:45 AM

My son (now playing with trains as part of TFL,

And you/he own up to it ?  ;D No seriously TFL do a flipping good job in my view. The improvement in London's transport system since the introduction of the Mayor all those years ago has been amazing. Well done to them  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: It's the railways and in particular that shambles caused by a combination of Southern/RMT/ASLEF who are the problem.

I think he does a good job as well  ;D He's just come off the TFL Graduate scheme. Did his degree in Air Transport Management and then took his transferable skills underground so to speak! ;D The 'fun' of getting the right train in the right place at the right time  :o (and ensuring there's a driver sitting in the cab helps as well!)

NARSES2

Quote from: Knightflyer on January 02, 2017, 01:45:05 AM
The 'fun' of getting the right train in the right place at the right time  :o (

Yup. When I was working our departmental Statistician (he had a doctorate in it)  had previously worked for the then London Transport and had devised the timetables when it was still done largely done by hand using a hand operated "grinder" style calculator. Amazing.

Knightflyer

Now for some more pictures

The 'bigger' planes outside  ;D

And I kept being drawn back to the 'architecture' of the DC8

kitnut617

Keep them coming    :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

That DC-8 is especially interesting, looks like it has 'Sidetrack' pods on the wingtips
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike