Musée de l’air et de l’espace at Le Bourget Airport

Started by Knightflyer, January 01, 2017, 02:41:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Librarian

Happy memories of Juan le Pin sunbathing as Mercures flew in overhead...lovely plane :wub:.

NARSES2

Always liked the French roundels with the thin yellow outer ring and the anchor on the naval ones.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on January 02, 2017, 01:35:56 AM

Something not even thatcher was stupid enough to do.

She started it all, stupid woman,
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

Quote from: kitnut617 on January 02, 2017, 04:58:37 AM
Keep them coming    :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

That DC-8 is especially interesting, looks like it has 'Sidetrack' pods on the wingtips

That was the Armee de l'Air's ELINT bird I think. They got into modifying DC8s before the USN did.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Knightflyer

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 03, 2017, 09:09:36 AM
Quote from: kitnut617 on January 02, 2017, 04:58:37 AM
Keep them coming    :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

That DC-8 is especially interesting, looks like it has 'Sidetrack' pods on the wingtips

That was the Armee de l'Air's ELINT bird I think. They got into modifying DC8s before the USN did.

Well here's the info board for the DC8, and also a picture of the 'canoe' fairing

Oh to be whiffing again :-(

sandiego89

More please, especially anything form the experimental wing!

DC-8's are always interesting- sort of an art deco look to them. 

Thanks- Dave
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

kitnut617

Well AiM do a 1/72 DC-8, might be an interesting subject to build
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

loupgarou

The ideal is visiting it when also the "reserves" (on the other side of the airport) are open:

Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Nick

That last one is new to me! Hurel Dubois HD34 as flown by the Institute Geographique National for aerial surveys.

I believe that flying boat is one of the last 3 Shorts Sandringhams in existence. It was a BOAC bird when first flown.

NARSES2

Quote from: Nick on January 04, 2017, 02:16:31 AM
That last one is new to me!

And me.

Is it me or does anyone else find the Lansen's speed brakes odd ? Very minimalist.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

That last one is new to me! Hurel Dubois HD34 as flown by the Institute Geographique National for aerial surveys.

I believe that flying boat is one of the last 3 Shorts Sandringhams in existence. It was a BOAC bird when first flown.

The HD34 has some SERIOUSLY long wings, love it!  :wub:

There's a Sandringham flying boat in the Southampton Solent Sky museum and not only can you get inside it, they sometimes open up the cockpit to visitors! Well worth the climb, it's a long way up there.

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 04, 2017, 07:09:30 AM

Is it me or does anyone else find the Lansen's speed brakes odd ? Very minimalist.

The Bristol 188's speed brakes, in the Cosford Museum, are very similar.

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

There was an article in a recent issue of Aeromilitaria that was all about the Dubois'.
The technology was taken over by Shorts --- and we all know what that led to, don't we
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Nick

And me.

They look like the pop-out indicators on early Morris Minors!

Knightflyer

Quote from: Nick on January 06, 2017, 03:56:29 AM

And me.

They look like the pop-out indicators on early Morris Minors!

I've now got this image of a 'little old car' slowing down REALLY QUICKLY! by popping out both indicators at once!  ;D
Oh to be whiffing again :-(

zenrat

Those are the brakes?  I thought that was an access panel left open.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..