Martin-Baker M.B.5

Started by JayBee, January 08, 2017, 08:15:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitbasher

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on January 09, 2017, 01:31:26 PM
For reference here's the Falcon page on the JAYS Hobby Products site:
http://www.jaysmodelkits.com/jaysmk/index.php?main_page=index&manufacturers_id=16

may thanks - looked on the site yesterday but didn't look deeply enough!
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

Quote from: The Wooksta! on January 09, 2017, 10:13:29 AM

How about a mini theme for this year's Telford?

Hoping to have mine done by Milton Keynes so maybe.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

TBH, I'm leaving my AZ one for a while as I've a few Pegasus ones to finish first, not to mention the Magna ones I have salted away. 

Didn't Kit mention that he was looking at building his Skybirds one?
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Captain Canada

http://www.westcoasthobbys.com/ has them on order for 23 CDN I'd better try one myself !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: The Wooksta! on January 10, 2017, 07:42:00 AM
TBH, I'm leaving my AZ one for a while as I've a few Pegasus ones to finish first, not to mention the Magna ones I have salted away. 

Didn't Kit mention that he was looking at building his Skybirds one?

I did indeed, and I got it out of The Loft the other and took the various bits out of the box. It being a Skybirds kit I can't get them back in again now, so I'll HAVE to build it!  :banghead:

I'm tempted to only paint one side of it so everyone can see that bizarre plastic and to realise it's not an AZ kit.  ;D

I may even make the wings longer................  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

I found this cockpit pic while looking for MB5 stuff, and thought it might be useful for other MB5 builders.

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Caveman

Hope the pilot has eyes in his elbows...
secretprojects forum migrant

The Wooksta!

Found a replacement u/c for one of the two I want to finish at some point this year, either the re-engined one or the 2TAF machine.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Librarian

...worth grabbing one soon as the Spiteful/Seafang seems to have vanished off to loftier heights.

The Wooksta!

The Seafang's still about if you look.  The Spiteful simply isn't worth the effort.  Appalling bad kit.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

kitnut617

Seafang is to 1/72 scale, the Spiteful is under scale ---  :-X  using some of the one I have for a whiff though so shouldn't matter
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

NARSES2

Well I built the Spitefull and enjoyed it. Yup it's a tad under scale but didn't bother me then nor now
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Knightflyer

Quote from: The Wooksta! on January 11, 2017, 03:37:21 PM
The Seafang's still about if you look.  The Spiteful simply isn't worth the effort.  Appalling bad kit.

Quote from: kitnut617 on January 11, 2017, 04:41:08 PM
Seafang is to 1/72 scale, the Spiteful is under scale ---  :-X  using some of the one I have for a whiff though so shouldn't matter

I've not built (or bought either) but it surprises me that the quality is different. Am I missing a point or wouldn't the one kit (Spiteful) have been used as the basis for the other(Seafang) as happened with the real aircraft?
Oh to be whiffing again :-(

NARSES2

You'd have thought so wouldn't you ? Not sure what happened but I think the problem is down to the Spiteful's wing span not being big enough. Can't remember now but my build is on here somewhere and I think it's discussed.

kitnut617

When you put one half of the Spiteful fuselage onto the Seafang half you find everything is smaller
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike