Myasishchev M-7 "Lebed". NATO reporting name Brawler. Finished Pics page 7.

Started by zenrat, January 10, 2017, 02:13:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Following the Bevan governments abolition of the House of Lords, banishment of the royals and passing of the Extraordinary Emergency Powers Act (1953) the UK played a major role in the setting up of the Warsaw Pact becoming a full fledged member of the Big Red Family.
A consequence of this was the transfer of all aerospace design talent to the main design bureaus back in Mother Russia.
Former British Aircraft Corporation personnel were placed in the Myasishchev Bureau where they were assigned the study of a tactical strike aircraft...

<edit - Aerospace replaced with Aircraft>
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Erm, British Aerospace didn't exist until 1977.

Or did Bevan nationalise Avro, Hawker, Bristol, Gloster, Handley Page, Scottish Aviation, Westland, Boulton Paul, Martin Baker, Percival, Saunders Roe and all the other smaller manufacturers before the 1953 Act?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kerick

They were all combined as part of the act to make the very thing more efficient. Yeah, yeah, that's it!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

63cpe

When was the complexity committee establihed to help make things more efficient? before or after the nationalisation?  :banghead:

David &lt;_&lt;

Old Wombat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 10, 2017, 08:41:56 AM
Erm, British Aerospace didn't exist until 1977.

Or did Bevan nationalise Avro, Hawker, Bristol, Gloster, Handley Page, Scottish Aviation, Westland, Boulton Paul, Martin Baker, Percival, Saunders Roe and all the other smaller manufacturers before the 1953 Act?

One of the Bevan government's first acts was to nationalise everything; automotive, aerospace, ship yards, department stores, grocery stores, fish-&-chipperies, & pubs were amongst the beneficiaries of the efficiencies of government bureaucratic control.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Aircraft not Aerospace.

That'll learn me to make stuff up without looking at my notes.

British Aircraft Corporation - formed in 1954 by the forced merger of English Electric, Vickers-Armstrong, Bristol and Hunting.

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat

I pulled the fuselage for this out of the box today to have a play.
It's huge.  I had forgotten how big the aircraft in question was.
I want to make it a side by side two seater which will mean widening the fuselage.  Its doable  but the tricky but will be widening the canopy.  I do have an Intruder I have no plans for which is a potential donor (maybe the entire cockpit?) but that might not look Russian enough.
We shall see.
It will have the almost obligatory rear gun turret.

Fred

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Snowtrooper

The backstory leads one to believe that the base kit is of British origin, plus it mentions it's a "tactical strike aircraft" so that likely rules out V-bombers and Nimrod (which wouldn't need widening of the fuselage to accept an Intruder cockpit either). My money is on a Sovietized TSR-2.

zenrat

Correctamundo Snowy.   :thumbsup:

It's the Stratos 4 kit so it already has extra interesting goodies like RATO gear and a big missile.
The Intruder idea may not be a goer as being an old Hasegawa kit it is lacking in detail  and I would probably be better off scratchbuilding something.  Plus what always happens happened and while rummaging in the Intruder box I thought "hmmmm, this is an interesting looking (and larger than I expected) plane, I should build this rather than rob parts from it".

Fred

zenrat

Starting pics.

Todays progress consisted of adding strips of sheet styrene to the inside of the fuselage halves to allow for widening.
Width will be decided by the cockpit.  I have abandoned the idea of using Intruder parts having remembered I had an Academy A-37 in the stash.  This is much more conducive to being chopped up for parts and the fuselage halves have been glued together ready to feel the kiss of the saw.
Fred

Weaver

It might seem an odd choice, but the four-seater Skyraider has a surprisingly well-sloped and modern-looking windscreen.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Quote from: Weaver on January 29, 2017, 10:20:46 AM
It might seem an odd choice, but the four-seater Skyraider has a surprisingly well-sloped and modern-looking windscreen.

Possibly a good suggestion.  However my stash is lacking in Skyraiders.

The fuselage has now been widened by 12mm.  I do have a picture of it with a Super Tweet cockpit taped in place but Photobucket is refusing to play ball today.
Next thing is to widen the bomb bay/main undercarriage bay piece by a similar amount.

Fred

zenrat

And now Photobucket has decided to cooperate.

Mobile phone photo of the widened fuselage.  The overexposure doing a wonderful job of hiding the inserted 12mm wide strip.

Fred