Myasishchev M-7 "Lebed". NATO reporting name Brawler. Finished Pics page 7.

Started by zenrat, January 10, 2017, 02:13:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 26, 2017, 05:15:39 AM
Quote from: kerick on March 25, 2017, 06:52:34 PM
Building and PSR are the parts I enjoy the most. Painting and decaling bogs me down. I've considered subcontracting out to someone.

Getting the transfers on (decaling if you must  ;)) is probably my favourite part of the process. Brings an inert model to life in my eyes. Still world would be a boring place if we all liked the same things.

I'm 100% with you there Chris.

And Mrs_PR19 says '...they're just shapes before you put the decals on. Afterward they're models'  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Perhaps we should all send our builds to Dizz for the PSR stage?

I attempted wet sanding PPP on this today.  That was a messy experience I'll not be attempting again in a hurry.
However, I think Im at the stage of gluing on the wings and tail now.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

zenrat

Tail glued on.  Wings would have been but the masking tape holding the tail in place until the glue dried was in the way.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat

In the background the beady eyed might spot a PPP smeared Yak 9 fuselage which has the cockpit replaced with a turret mounting, and a 1/24 Beach Buggy on its way to becoming Speed Buggy.
Fred

63cpe

Wooooow, that's looking magnificent! Like it very much! :wub:
Really like the swooping tail......what's the lucky donor?

Wetsanding can be messy....yes, I know. The Tu-32 was wet sanded and managed to kick the bowl (water and enamel powder) from the table twice....wetting mi trousers and got soiled by the black enamel powder....
That's what you get when you want to make whif's over 35cm length.....

Do you manage to get it done before the GB is ended?

David

zenrat

Thanks Dave.
The tail?  It's all TSR2 mounted on a scratchbuilt wedge which houses the rear gun turret and its targeting radar.
Without deliberately trying to it seems to be developing some Anime character.  Must be the Stratos IV influence.
The wet sanding got messy because the PPP seems to soften and start to dissolve.

Will I finish?  I hope so.  It's not even April yet.  Now she's all in one piece things should speed up.
I decided today that she'll have all the fuel and weapons carried internally so no hard points to fit or tanks to paint.  I do have to come up with a suitable gnarly looking weapon for that big ol' bomb bay though.  Maybe an air launched cruise missile of some sort.

Fred

PR19_Kit

Only the wing tells of its TSR2 roots. That's looking VERY promising Fred.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

chrisonord

The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

zenrat

Thanks folks.

More PPP on today.  I've lost a lot of panel lines during the build but i'm not going to attempt to rescribe them as I always mess that up.  Instead i'm going to take a leaf out of Dizzy's book and draw them back on with a pencil.  I trailed it on the Turbocat and it was either successful or you lot were too polite to say anything. :o
I've started on The Weapon.  Coincidentally ("there is no such thing as coincidence" - Robert Anton Wilson) the broader bomb bay that results from my widening the fuselage is exactly the same width as the Rocket thing that is slung under the Stratos IV.  It's a lot shorter though and not deep enough. My initial thought is to cut down the S IV missile, fit a better shaped schnozz and some folding fins and have it as a semi recessed curse* missile.
Still not decided on a paint job.  I was thinking NMF but then I saw 63cpe's Foxbat-G and started thinking how good that scheme looks so I may copy it.  Realistically it'll prolly depend on how much time I have to paint it.

*a missile which when its approach is spotted elicits an "oh f**k" reaction from those targeted.
Fred

zenrat

Applied what I am hoping are the last few smears of filler and attached some scoops and lumps.
I also managed to attach the pieces that sit under the upper airbrakes.  These should be glued before the top rear fuselage panel was attached but someone failed to read the instructions...

Fred

zenrat

Sanded, primed and the underside undercoated with flat white.
First coat of colour should go on tomorrow.
Fred

zenrat

Nothing done today.  Undercoat still feels slightly tacky so best left for another 24 hours.
Fred

zenrat

Fred

zenrat

Two colours on the upper side have been painted.  A green colour and a brown colour.  I have lined up two more green colours and a black colour for the rest.
Fred

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on April 08, 2017, 02:19:27 AM

Two colours on the upper side have been painted.  A green colour and a brown colour.  I have lined up two more green colours and a black colour for the rest.

I'm impressed with your super-specific colour definitions Fred.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ;D ;D

Regards
Kit