Myasishchev M-7 "Lebed". NATO reporting name Brawler. Finished Pics page 7.

Started by zenrat, January 10, 2017, 02:13:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

I think this is going to be one of those slow builds where I keep pausing while I work out how to get round the latest snag.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Welcome to my world, where that describes every build! :banghead: ;D

zenrat

Of course, widening the fuselage means widening more than just the two main halves.
Today I widened the Bomb bay/main undercarriage bay.  This is important to do accurately as it acts as bulkheads aligning parts that are otherwise only glued at the top.

One advantage of this approach is that I get a much bigger bomb bay.

I also cut the wings from the sprues and sat them on top of the fuselage.  They are too short.

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on January 31, 2017, 01:20:52 AM

I also cut the wings from the sprues and sat them on top of the fuselage.  They are too short.

You're starting to think like me Fred. This way lies madness............  ;D ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Oh i'm already mad.
The wings won't be stretched too far but do need to be sovietised with the addition of a dogtooth, a fence and maybe a carrot.

I glued in the widened bomb bay/UC bay today and cut up and attached the piece that surrounds the bomb bay and forms the lower rear fuselage.
Also, after carefull study and scientific measurement (holding it up next to a ruler and squinting) I cut one of widening joints in the nose and reglued it straight to remove a definite bend I hadn't noticed when I first glued it all together on Monday.

Fred

Old Wombat

Quote from: zenrat on February 01, 2017, 02:50:15 AM
... the addition of a dogtooth, a fence and maybe a carrot ...

Has it ever occurred to you guys just how weird we must sound to some people? ;D

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Old Wombat on February 01, 2017, 04:07:37 AM

Has it ever occurred to you guys just how weird we must sound to some people? ;D

Yes........... ;D

That's what it's all about for some of us, maybe ALL of us.  ;D

At shows the UK Whiff SIG are constantly amused by the different ways some of the stand's viewers react to us, everything from guffaws of laughter to shaking of heads as they wander off. Now and then we get some REALLY interested people who want to know why and how and all that good stuff.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

I would forget about the Küchemann carrots as on soviet aircraft they usually housed the main undercarriage, besides my girlfriend's cat would have sniffed them out and rubbed himself all over them, very odd cat  :unsure:

Just go with a couple of fences, white picket ones are nice, and you could introduce a Dog Tooth where the current wing has it's droop, thus allowing you to extend the wing at the same time.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

kerick

This is creating a very strange aircraft image in my head just now! Now if I can get a dog to give up a couple teeth.......
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

Quote from: Old Wombat on February 01, 2017, 04:07:37 AM

Oh I don't know.  Have you ever sat and listened to two golfers talking when you don't play yourself?

Quote from: Gondor on February 01, 2017, 06:27:14 AM
I would forget about the Küchemann carrots as on soviet aircraft they usually housed the main undercarriage, besides my girlfriend's cat would have sniffed them out and rubbed himself all over them, very odd cat  :unsure:

Just go with a couple of fences, white picket ones are nice, and you could introduce a Dog Tooth where the current wing has it's droop, thus allowing you to extend the wing at the same time.

Gondor

I had thoughts of building the TSR2-MS RATO units into carrots but maybe that particular root vegetable would be out of place on a delta wing.
Current plan on the dog tooth and the fence is to put them together with the fence doubling as a weapons pylon like on the Su-22.
I may try and flatten out the wing tips to remove that signature droop.

I did nothing to this today.  It has rather a lot of Revell Contacta Professional in it and from experience it is best to give large quantities a decent time to harden off properly.

Fred

Librarian

Soft, nasty, 'orrible kit ;D. Pantographs suk!!!

What I do remember is when the upper and lower wings are together and then placed in the upper fuselage slot, there's a very nasty step front and back. Cut back the locating plugs first and test-fit...this cures the problem. I'd also bin the entire u/c parts...utterly crap and toy-like.

zenrat

A step front and back is less of an issue than the 12mm gap down the middle.
I'd post a pic to show what I mean but Photof**ket is playing up again.

I have an SAC white metal undercarriage set.
Fred

DogfighterZen

I've been having a lot of patience with Photobucket too... :banghead: I find that when a page is taking longer than "normal" on PB, i stop loading the page and refresh, loads said page in just a few seconds after that. Normally it's when i'm logging in to upload pics.
And i also close all the ads as soon as they start loading, which also helps to speed things up.
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

zenrat

Wing widening has commenced.  Only 6mm per wing but it's the thought that counts.
Fred