Myasishchev M-7 "Lebed". NATO reporting name Brawler. Finished Pics page 7.

Started by zenrat, January 10, 2017, 02:13:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Ah, it appears I am now allowed to access my photos.

Underside.

Topside with wings and cockpit wedged in place (before widening operations commenced).

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on February 05, 2017, 02:24:01 AM

Wing widening has commenced.  Only 6mm per wing but it's the thought that counts.

Every little counts.........  ;D

[This may be lost on non-Brits of course]
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Slightly more than 6mm as I also flattened the tips.

The dogs teeth and fences are located at the point the bend used to be.  I am resisting putting in another DT&F half way down each wing as 1) I have enough PSR to do as it is 2) I don't think it would look right and 3) i'd be bound to mess it up and cut one crooked or at a different distance from the root.  Plus it would add more weakness into the wings.  I'm already convinced i'm going to keep knocking the tips off.

Started building up around the exhausts.  I want to add a radar controlled rear gun turret in this area.  Or maybe a manned one.  Haven't decided but a rear gun was, I believe, mandatory on Soviet bombers for a while.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on February 06, 2017, 02:41:59 AM

Started building up around the exhausts.  I want to add a radar controlled rear gun turret in this area.  Or maybe a manned one.  Haven't decided but a rear gun was, I believe, mandatory on Soviet bombers for a while.

Take a look at my 'Time Warp' TSR2 for some tips.................  ;D

http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,37459.msg607109.html#msg607109
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Thanks Kit.
Coincidentally I had pulled a couple of 1/48 drop tank ends and a large bomb out of the weapons box this afternoon.
The TSR2 MS has a rocket booster mounted on the fin which I will use to make a radar installation.

Fred

zenrat

Fred

PR19_Kit

That Backfire arrangement looks pretty impressive.   :o

Regards
Kit

zenrat

I does doesn't it.
Researching the Backfire last night I began to see it as a TSR2 on steroids with swing wings.
I prefer the Blinder but I will be taking huge great lumps of inspiration from this gun installation.

Today I painted the afterburner ring thingos and the inside of the exhausts as it will not be possible to do so when its all buttoned up.  I also added some flanges on some parts to give support for panelling filling the big gap down the middle.

I've been avoiding it but the nose will need to be addressed soon. 

Fred

zenrat

Nose is on.
I've used the warhead from a 1/50 Revell Honest John.
Fred

zenrat

I've been concentrating on the nose.  I want to make it look as little like a TSR as possible without just chopping it off and gluing on a new one (tricky given the square section profile of the fuselage).
It is currently 400mm (15 3/4") long but will grow.

Fred

RAFF-35

Looking very nice with soviet levels of ugliness (no offence) I love how you're really managing to camouflage the TSR-2 ancestry  :thumbsup:
Don't let ageing get you down, it's too hard to get back up

Snowtrooper

TheChronicOne

Hell yeah, looking glorious!! I love the platypus too.  :D
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Thanks blokes.
The nose is turning out just as I was imagining it - Blinder meets Fullback.
I'm resting the temptation to just slather it in filler to fill the gaps and am cutting small pieces to fill them before skimming smaller amounts of filler over the top.  I am hoping this reduces the risk of getting bored with PSR.

I'm thinking about a T tail and canards.
Fred

DogfighterZen

It's looking very soviet indeed, that nose really does it! :thumbsup:
I also think that the canopy also helps, somehow reminds me of the Mig-25UB, without the top cockpit...  :o
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"