Myasishchev M-7 "Lebed". NATO reporting name Brawler. Finished Pics page 7.

Started by zenrat, January 10, 2017, 02:13:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerick

Try epoxie putty for those large areas. I use Aves Epoxie sculpt. Starship modeler has it in their store. You won't have the worry about dry time or shrinkage. Aves cures in a couple hours.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

jalles

I agree about the Apoxie Sculpt, it's great stuff.  One thing I'd add is, although it may feel hard after a couple hours, I find it takes longer before it's easily sand-able (8hrs).

The build looks great, however you wind up smoothing out the nose, I can't wait to see how it looks.

zenrat

I have putties.  I don't have the patience for major PSR.  I lose interest in doing bulk sanding, put things to one side for Ron* and then never pick them up again.
As is evidenced by the pile of semi sanded car bodies next to my desk.

*Later Ron.  ;D

I started building the tail structure up today.  I will not be keeping the "All Flying" aspect of the TSR2.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Bonus with Apoxy Sculpt is that it can be shaped using spatulas & knives while soft - I usually use water (in very small amounts) as a lubricant & smoothing agent, too. PSR often becomes a bit of a non-event.

Putty - Shape - Smooth - Sand - Oh! I'm done! :o
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Rear gun installation is built and it's time for PSR to begin.
Initial applications of Tamiya polyester putty have begun to fill the deeper holes, dips and dents so for the foreseeable future I will be covered in yellow dust and smelling slightly of fibre glass resin.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat

And we're off...

Having slathered stinky yellow putty around parts of the  nose and cockpit I attacked it with wet'n'dry today.
Used wet for a change.
After a rinse and time to dry, round two yellow stink was slathered on.
Fred

Captain Canada

Ya that nose looks great ! I love lumpy and bumpy aeroplanes  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

It's a bit smoother now.

But still much much more PSR to go.
Fred

zenrat

I haven't given up on this but gaach! PSR sucks.
It's not the bits i've added that are the problem (although widening the whole fuselage probably hasn't helped) but the ill fitting original Airfix parts.
I've got the new nose and cockpit pretty much smoothed in but am now having issues around the intakes and exhausts.
:rolleyes:
Fred

Dizzyfugu

PSR can be cool. You just have to see and feel the Zen in it.  ;)

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on March 24, 2017, 04:37:00 AM

PSR can be cool. You just have to see and feel the Zen in it.  ;)

I have yet to see OR feel it Thomas, but I'm glad you can.  ;D ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

kerick

Building and PSR are the parts I enjoy the most. Painting and decaling bogs me down. I've considered subcontracting out to someone.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

It's the same with renovating the house.  Like the construction, find the painting meditative, hate the prep for the painting.
Think PSR on a model is bad?  Try it on a ceiling.
Fred

NARSES2

Quote from: kerick on March 25, 2017, 06:52:34 PM
Building and PSR are the parts I enjoy the most. Painting and decaling bogs me down. I've considered subcontracting out to someone.

Getting the transfers on (decaling if you must  ;)) is probably my favourite part of the process. Brings an inert model to life in my eyes. Still world would be a boring place if we all liked the same things.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.