FW 190 ARII and Halifax

Started by Allan, January 10, 2017, 04:00:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

I'd go with option 2 for fixing the canopy Al
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Allan

here's the canopy as it stands now with water-thinned Perfect Plastic Putty filling in the gaps...I cemented some small pieces of plastic card to the fus and then cemented the canopy in place over it...the thinned putty went on next....sanding is next in line followed by more putty I think

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Handley-Page didn't make life easy for anyone with a canopy that shape, did they? I see lots more PSR in your future Allan.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Allan

more shots post sanding, first with some black paint to fill up some small holes and then with anointed white glue, which once it has dried I will buff away with a damp cloth

Allan

not being particularly happy with my progress, i decided to bite the bullet and wheeled out the Perfect Plastic Putty, which I applied and then sanded sans water...here's how it turned out
Allan in Canberra

zenrat

A lick of paint and that'll be lovely.
:thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

TheChronicOne

Coming together!  I like the progress on this....  watching things go from step to step...   Looking good! 
-Sprues McDuck-

Allan

tailplanes are on now and I'll have to do some masking to cover up the circular holes and the rectangular windows, not to mention the canopy....I'll cut out some masking tape using the tri tool pictured that a pal of mine once bought for me in Japan while he was there doing govt work....I'll paint the green and earth colors first, mask them and then go for black..

Allan

masking done and I used the tri tool and masking tape, but perhaps because my modelling knife isn't razor sharp the circles were a little ragged, but not too much...I just may peel them off and try to use some frosted sticky tape instead cause my knife may cut it better..or else hunt up some fresh blades

NARSES2

New blades are probably your best bet mate

Allan

concur, Chris
the Scotch brand frosted tape cut much better and so I have replaced the porthole masking...also painted the read gunner's possie in black and will mask it when applying the upper camo...also added one more coat of the Aussie future called Long Life (milky white, but dries clear) to the canopy...I'll mask off the canopy when applying the camo and then come back to it later and paint the framwork earth a la War Memorial Lancaster..the framework painting looks a little ragged come to think of it and so I'll try to recitfy that later on
Allan

Allan

first coat of dark earth using a Humbrol matt paint, which is a little thick in the tinlet and I don't like it too much, but that's the paint I've bought...before applying the earth I attached a little grab handle that goes near the emergency exits and used an antenna from a Heinkel Uhu...grab handle when exiting the plane? the engineers thought of everything, didn't they?...and as you can see there are three indentations in the underside of the plane for attaching a towel rack kind of antenna and for that too I might use the antenna that came with the Uhu as it fits perfectly...small spot of filler needed for the nose of the Hali as you can see, but on the whole things are progressing swimmingly
Allan in Canberra

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..