O-47 at Wake Is.

Started by Glenn, November 17, 2004, 06:12:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn

This photo taken at Wake Island, Dec 1941, shows the O-47 Owl after a recon flight over the island.
The model is 1/72nd injection limited kit, made in the UK, but can't remember who?
The model 'scrubs up' well when finished. The diorama is about 24x40 inches, on a wooden board, with a painted backdrop. The PSP is Verlinden, and the palm stalks are twigs. The 44 gal drums and watch tower are Hasagawa, I think, and the sand is putty and tissue paper. A set like this can be used in any situation, as long as it's tropical.
        Glenn

Ollie

Very nice Glenn!

The calm before the storm!

:wub:  :cheers:  

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Captain Canada

Sweet !

Great work as always, Lyn.........and that O-47 is a cute little bird, eh ? Were they on floats as well ?

Cheers ! :wub:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Joe C-P

Great ideas and tips there; I've a tropical Pacific island dio in mind for the future, and this one's a good inspiration.

:cheers:

JoeP
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Glenn

Capt'n,
 Na, no floats! Actually it didn't even have a cockpit interior. I spent a day building the floor, seats and instruments, painted it all and then added the canopy and realised 'it didn't matter'! You couldn't see through the canopy anyhow!
JoeP,
  Diorama's are fun things to have in your collection. With me, I have a half dozen, but I'm always on the lookout for air to ground photos, for flying shots. Know of any desert shots around?
Glenn/Lyn

retro_seventies

"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.