Martin Baker MB5B Monsoon PR3 build thread

Started by PR19_Kit, January 12, 2017, 07:34:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheChronicOne

:bow: :drink: :cheers: :party:

Brilliant!!! I love it. It was worth the wait for the pictures! 
-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

Quote from: JayBee on February 09, 2017, 08:05:59 AM

..... and the canopy looks to be better than the AZ one (even with the stab wound which I can not see  :rolleyes:)

I carefully positioned the pics so you couldn't Jim.  ;D

It's a vertical cut up the line of the windscreen frame on the port side actually.

Quote from: TheChronicOne on February 09, 2017, 08:46:50 AM
:bow: :drink: :cheers: :party:

Brilliant!!! I love it. It was worth the wait for the pictures!

Glad you liked them Chronic, it was worth getting cold going outdoors and taking them, the light's so much better.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Nice job but the wings look a bit short. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 09, 2017, 08:51:39 AM
Glad you liked them Chronic, it was worth getting cold going outdoors and taking them, the light's so much better.

Just don't go getting a cold, Kit!
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Old Wombat on February 09, 2017, 09:22:17 AM
Nice job but the wings look a bit short. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 09, 2017, 08:51:39 AM

Just don't go getting a cold, Kit!

Short? SHORT?!!  :o

But I lengthened them anyway, goodness knows what you'll think of my other MB5 then.......... ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

kitnut617

I think Kit, when I build my Twin MB, I'll follow how you did your wings for the outer wings ----
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

PR19_Kit

Quote from: kitnut617 on February 10, 2017, 03:37:17 AM

I think Kit, when I build my Twin MB, I'll follow how you did your wings for the outer wings ----

That's good thinking Robert.

When I did my Tri-Stang I overlooked the wing loading issue, and with 33% extra fuselage weight (maybe more too as the centre one was a fuel tank) but only one extra P-82 wing centre section the wing loading would have been immense. It was either Gondor or JayBee who pointed that out and suggested that I extend the outer wings.

Naturally I didn't argue that point.  ;D

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 10, 2017, 05:36:56 AM
Quote from: kitnut617 on February 10, 2017, 03:37:17 AM

That's good thinking Robert.

When I did my Tri-Stang I overlooked the wing loading issue, and with 33% extra fuselage weight (maybe more too as the centre one was a fuel tank) but only one extra P-82 wing centre section the wing loading would have been immense. It was either Gondor or JayBee who pointed that out and suggested that I extend the outer wings.

Naturally I didn't argue that point.  ;D

I don't think it was me so it must have been JayBee

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

kitnut617

I've been trying to think what your project reminds me of Kit, I think it's got a bit of a Spiteful look.      At least the wings do anyway
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

Quote from: kitnut617 on February 10, 2017, 06:31:58 AM
I've been trying to think what your project reminds me of Kit, I think it's got a bit of a Spiteful look.      At least the wings do anyway

At one stage - late '98 I think - I was considering a Spiteful with either leading edge radiators or a Mustang scoop.  I may well resurrect that idea.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"