1/72 MiG-21 MF/ Fishbed K in foreign service...

Started by Vorcha, January 12, 2017, 09:58:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vorcha

My entry to the Soviet Group Build will be this:

It's a polish kit from the early nineties with surprisingly good quality I bought from ebay two months ago. It will bear the markings of the Peoples Democratic Republic of San Escobar, where this type is kept in service even today, due to lack of military budget...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Escobar
paper boy

Knightflyer

I saw that mentioned on the BBC News website yesterday - good catch Sir  ;D

Oh to be whiffing again :-(

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Vorcha on January 12, 2017, 09:58:04 AM

..... the Peoples Democratic Republic of San Escobar, where this type is kept in service even today, due to lack of military budget...

I love it, an officially sanctioned Whiffed country even!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :wub:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

By ZTS Plastyk?
I have one in the stash.  Dates from 2009 (moulds from 2007) according to Scalemates.
https://www.scalemates.com/kits/194787-zts-plastyk-s105-mig-21-sm-mf
I've saved it as it was the best looking of the four unbuilt 21s I had at one stage.  The only one with engraved panel lines IIRC.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Weaver

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 12, 2017, 11:35:22 AM

..... the Peoples Democratic Republic of San Escobar, where this type is kept in service even today, due to lack of military budget...

I love it, an officially sanctioned Whiffed country even!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :wub:

It may have inspired another one in the last few days, and me sending this link to someone MIGHT have had something to do with it. Can't post details without breaking the no-politics rule or at least starting a tiresome handbag fight. If anyone's interested, PM me.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Dizzyfugu

Is that another clone of the KP MiG-21, just with engraved panel lines? The Plastyk MiG-19 is such a case, and it is a surprisingly good kit. If the KP MiG-21 kit had received the same "update", then it's a winner!  :thumbsup:

DogfighterZen

I believe it is a KP's Mig-21 clone, i've built one of them, it has engraved panel lines.

I still have an unfinished Mig-17 and -19 in the pile of shame, as test planes.

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: DogfighterZen on February 03, 2017, 02:46:18 AM
I believe it is a KP's Mig-21 clone, i've built one of them, it has engraved panel lines.

That's very good news, thank you for the confirmation.  :thumbsup:
I've seen sprue pics of the Plastyk kit, but it's always hard to interpret what you see without a real close-up.

63cpe

Hehhehheh, I heard the the san Escobar-story and really enjoyed it.... :lol:

David

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on February 03, 2017, 06:07:06 AM

That's very good news, thank you for the confirmation.  :thumbsup:
I've seen sprue pics of the Plastyk kit, but it's always hard to interpret what you see without a real close-up.

:thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Vorcha

Finally on the way with the Fishbed.

Just the basic hull, cannopy and wings. I have to correct myself a little, it is not that good of a kit as I had thought on first glance...

I didn't change anything substantial, just removed the counterweights on the tail wings, because they were completely screwed.
paper boy

Vorcha

Quote from: zenrat on January 13, 2017, 12:56:27 AM
By ZTS Plastyk?
I have one in the stash.  Dates from 2009 (moulds from 2007) according to Scalemates.
https://www.scalemates.com/kits/194787-zts-plastyk-s105-mig-21-sm-mf
I've saved it as it was the best looking of the four unbuilt 21s I had at one stage.  The only one with engraved panel lines IIRC.

Wow, ok. I would have never thought it is from 2007, the molds look a lot like they have been made by hand... the lines and rivets face outward and the rivets are in irregular distances, as if someone put them manually with a needle into the mold-form. It really looks perfect on first glance, but there are many mistakes, where the parts don't fit. And the smaller parts like antennas are really not so good.

I still have an unfinished Mig-17 and -19 in the pile of shame, as test planes.

No, it's a different model, as zenrat posted above. The lines and rivets face outward, not inward... Doesn't make much sense, I guess I'll file them down.

Quote from: Weaver on February 02, 2017, 04:24:08 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 12, 2017, 11:35:22 AM

It may have inspired another one in the last few days, and me sending this link to someone MIGHT have had something to do with it. Can't post details without breaking the no-politics rule or at least starting a tiresome handbag fight. If anyone's interested, PM me.

I'd be very interested to learn what that is about... I'm kind of concerned I might have upset someone with my choice of What-If-Nation. Quite a lot actually. As a disclaimer: I've been born in Bulgaria and live in Germany since the late eighties, I have no interest in Poland's politics and have been in Poland only once for a short visit - and my choice of "San Escobar" had no political meaning. If this upsets someone nonetheless, please notify me and I will change that immediately.
paper boy

kerick

I wouldn't worry. I think your choice of San Escobar is brilliant! I never heard of it before today.
This map makes me wish I knew Spanish. I'm sure I only got 1/10th of the jokes on it!
http://joemonster.org/i/2017/01/san-escobar-map-wielka-20170118011053.png

It appears to be a very large file and took me a couple minutes to load.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise