MiG 37U. NATO reporting name Migraine. Completed pics page 5.

Started by zenrat, January 13, 2017, 01:29:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on February 01, 2017, 12:48:04 AM
:blink: Weird?!

Cause you're all saying you'd never seen it in grey and i'd never seen it in black...
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

zenrat

Played the wing swap game today.
Mystere IV - Mmmm, not too bad.
Lockheed Salmon - Pretty good.
MiG 21 - excellent but then these look good on anything
Lysander - perfect, but earmarked for a Spitfire.
I think I'll use the kit supplied wings after all but trim the ends a bit to make them closer in shape to the tails.

Work continued on the cockpit today.  I thought I had it nearly there until I test fitted the front seaters dashboard and coaming and found major surgery was required to get them to fit inside the canopy.  Glue is drying and hopefully paint can ba applied tomorrow.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

LYSANDER wings on a Mig-37???  :o

Mind boggling mode on.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

DogfighterZen

I had to go look at a pic of the Lysander...  :o Boggled, my mind is...  ;D
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

jalles

QuoteJalles - i was actually thinking "ooh, black.  That would be better than grey".
This is because my shed floor is painted a colour you could almost label as "styrene grey" and any dropped parts moulded in that colour just vanish (like an old oak table).

I never thought about that, black is easier to see when it falls to the floor.

QuoteCause you're all saying you'd never seen it in grey and i'd never seen it in black...

That's so strange.   I've bought three of these kits, the first probably about 15 years ago and the latest last week.  All black.  I'm really curious how to get a grey one.

Anyway, back on topic.  I would have loved to see all those wing variations, although I have to say, I really liked the picture you posted with the original wings.

zenrat

As they were Matchbox Lysander wings (and so have overly exaggerated fabric detail) they looked exceptional.

Glued the tails on today as they are going to need PSR.
Also painted the control panels.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

PR19_Kit

Well fabric wings would be VERY stealthy of course, so why not?  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Fred

zenrat

...and the wings are glued on.
I went for the kit wings with a subtle reshaping.  I just didn't like the curved tips so I made them pointed like the tails.

Velma likes it but I think Daph wants to take to it with her bat...
Fred

DogfighterZen

Looking very good! :thumbsup: Daph is probably just warning everyone that they have to like it or else... :wacko:
The nose and twin cockpit sure give it a very different look from the original, and i also like what you did with the wings, IMO, the curved tips don't match the rest of the lines. Can't wait to see it finished. :thumbsup:

zenrat

The curved tips just really really bugged me.

I think Daphne is pissed off I painted Velma's hair before I did hers.
Fred

Tophe

Quote from: zenrat on January 31, 2017, 01:37:41 AM
the result looks fantastic
Yes, very fantastic! :wub: what-ifing a what-if plane is the very top! :thumbsup: :bow:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

DogfighterZen

Quote from: zenrat on February 11, 2017, 03:13:09 AM
I think Daphne is pissed off I painted Velma's hair before I did hers.

oooh... serious mistake there... you know how ladies can get because of those details... you'd better do something special for her real soon, mister...  ;D

zenrat

I can't decide if she should be a blonde or a redhead.  References vary.
Fred

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on February 11, 2017, 04:07:07 AM
I can't decide if she should be a blonde or a redhead.  References vary.

Strawberry blonde ?  :angel:

I know one serious red head who insists she is strawberry blonde, or did until red heads became fashionable. Used to cause me some serious problems with both her and her mum  :rolleyes:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.