Das Deutsche Falke - 1/144 F-16XL

Started by KiwiZac, January 15, 2017, 10:32:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KiwiZac

A little while ago I built a 1/72 Avro Arrow that had no armament. A mate at another forum offered to send me some missiles (many more than I needed, an excellent armoury for future kits!) and pylons, and at the same time offered me a good deal on a 1/144 F-16XL.

Did I have a plan? No. Did I remember I was expecting it?  :-[ But then I had an idea! Didn't I buy a bunch of Academy 1/144 kits a while back and shove the markings into the spares? Wasn't one of them a Luftwaffe F-4?

Aha!

Instead of the Tornado, the Germans go for the F-16XL....

Airfix 1/144 F-16XL with an Academy nose (the original was like a duckbill), Academy decals and Tamiya paints. Kit weapons plus some Dragon bombs.
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

NARSES2

Looks good Zac, your on a roll, a tiny one, but a roll none the less  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

KiwiZac

Haha thanks Chris!

I forgot the canards - they came with the Academy F-16 nose, from an FSW build that was one of my first on this site more than a decade ago. It felt right to add them.
Zac in NZ

TheChronicOne

Looks really cool!! She seems right at home in that dress.
-Sprues McDuck-

Dizzyfugu

Neat. The colors look good, too. But it should better be "Der Deutsche Falke".  ;)

Glenn Gilbertson

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on January 16, 2017, 11:50:46 PM

Neat. The colors look good, too. But it should better be "Der Deutsche Falke".  ;)

Are there only male hawks in Germany then?  ;D

Could make for a short-lived breed..........  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

KiwiZac

Ack! Thanks DF, it just sounded right!
Zac in NZ

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 17, 2017, 12:20:32 PM
Quote from: Dizzyfugu on January 16, 2017, 11:50:46 PM

Are there only male hawks in Germany then?  ;D

Could make for a short-lived breed..........  ;)

That's the reason I struggled with French at school. Could never get my brain around le and la being applied to inanimate objects. Still can't see the point of getting marked down if you say le Table rather than la  :banghead: Does the table care if it's male or female ?  :rolleyes:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 18, 2017, 08:17:05 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on January 18, 2017, 06:29:14 AM

Does the table care if it's male or female ?  :rolleyes:

Does it even know???

Depends which German/French school of philosophy you adhere to  :angel: