The second of two tales of modern UK aircraft manufacturing

Started by rickshaw, January 18, 2017, 07:29:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Nice one ! Great job on the conversion and the paint and markings look excellent !

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Weaver

Splendid job. :thumbsup: I managed to totally miss this when you posted it, probably because the aircraft name isn't in the thread title  :banghead:

I also have the Falcon two-seater conversion with the intention of doing something similar-but-different, but mine is a full fuselage, not just a nose. Are there two different sets on the market, or was yours an old one that's been superceded? Mine comes with a two-seat Cougar and Mirage on the same sheet too.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

rickshaw

Quote from: Weaver on June 06, 2017, 04:54:08 PM
Splendid job. :thumbsup: I managed to totally miss this when you posted it, probably because the aircraft name isn't in the thread title  :banghead:

I also have the Falcon two-seater conversion with the intention of doing something similar-but-different, but mine is a full fuselage, not just a nose. Are there two different sets on the market, or was yours an old one that's been superceded? Mine comes with a two-seat Cougar and Mirage on the same sheet too.

IIRC the Falcon set came with a full fuselage but being a lazy fuzzy bunny I just used the nose, grafted onto the Hasegawa fuselage.  Worked out a lot easier than doing the whole fuselage.   It also had the Cougar and the Mirage trainer noses as well.   I've used the Mirage (to be published soon) and I'm still thinking about the Cougar.   :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Weaver

Ah I see, cheers.

Since Sword have done the Twogar in injection, my thought was to use the Falcon front end on a Panther. Feel free to use the idea if you want: I may never get around to building it.

My Mirage two-seater is destined to be an ESA shuttle-pilot trainer...
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones