Main Menu

Southern Expo

Started by NARSES2, January 23, 2017, 07:08:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Saturday 18th March, Sunday 19th March. Hornchurch Sports Centre

I know we don't have a table but I shall be attending as a punter on the Saturday
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Too far for me these days, sadly.

I used to Creatively Schedule some work at Ford in Basildon, just down the road, in the old days, but not any more I'm afraid.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Nick

I do hope to be there at least one of the days. I know the London Modellers have a table there.

NARSES2

Well as per usual TFL are testing my resolve and determination  :banghead:

Still I'll get to see parts of London I haven't before on the replacement bus service involved part of the way  :rolleyes:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Nick

Quote from: Nick on January 23, 2017, 12:40:13 PM
I do hope to be there at least one of the days. I know the London Modellers have a table there.

Looks to be a NO for me right now after all the shifts got changed at work. Might go Sunday but unlikely.

NARSES2

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 15, 2017, 06:03:12 AM
Well as per usual TFL are testing my resolve and determination  :banghead:

Still I'll get to see parts of London I haven't before on the replacement bus service involved part of the way  :rolleyes:

Just discovered I can go via Fenchurch St (rather than Liverpool St) and thus avoid the dreaded replacement bus service  :thumbsup: Looks as though I'll have a 15/20min walk at the end but weather permitting that's not a problem.

Another bonus is that I'm fairly sure I've never used Fenchurch St before so that will mean I've been through all the London Terminals  ;D

Also started to make out a small list of my wants

Old Wombat

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 09, 2017, 05:50:15 AM

So, how many pages are you up to now? ;D ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on March 13, 2017, 06:01:46 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on March 09, 2017, 05:50:15 AM

So, how many pages are you up to now? ;D ;)

Those days are long gone  ;)

Army of One

Chris....what is your chosen route for Saturday...? There is a chance me n Max may go but around lunchtime.. .
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

NARSES2

I'm going via Fenchurch St as there's a bus replacement on my usual Liverpool St route.

So Fenchurch St to Upminster, then Distict Line back to Hornchurch. From there it's about a 10/15 min walk. I think there's a bus from Upminster which takes you there, but if you look at the TFL website it will give you loads of options.

I'll probably be there until about 1.00pm ?

Army of One

Great stuff.....cheers
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Freightdog862

No trading this year, but hoping to visit show Sunday morning.

Colin

Army of One

Great little show....plenty of diverse subjects on display.....bought a couple of kits n books.....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

NARSES2

Enjoyable but very tiring day. At the end I spent 5 hours travelling (2 1/2 each way) for 3 or so hours at the show. Very convoluted journey  plus my knee went on the way there, if anyone sees it can they tell it to come home straight away  ;), but it was worth it.

My purchases are elsewhere but I also managed to get a chat with a few fellow wiffers and Hank (Army of One) was there in the afternoon. Some wiffs on display especially on the South Downs model club stand. One member has a very nice Luft 46 collection a few of which I've seen before. One of his new ones was a Fw 58 (I think) on floats but also with helicopter rotors ! Now I swear I've seen that somewhere else, but can't for the life of me remember where. Unfortunately the guy wasn't around everytime I popped by so I couldn't ask.

On the way home I thought I'd pop in an old haunt in Southwark opposite St Thomas's. Bad mistake, I forgot how touristy the area is now ever since Borough Market went all trendy and the Shard opened up.

Anyway a good, but as said, very tiring day.

Army of One

Yes.....agreed....very tiring as I spent about 4hrs travelling for about 1hr 30mins at the show.....great chat with Chris....I saw that rotor/float German thingy.......and a few others. I saw a group of dinosaurs painted up as a Russian display team (deepl red on top with light blue underbelly.. ..and a red star on the back...) ...a pretty good star trek/sci fi ships display as well....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!