Main Menu

Milton Keynes

Started by NARSES2, January 23, 2017, 07:10:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: Nick on April 20, 2017, 01:31:35 AM
What time should we get there for? Usually it's an hour before the public?

Given we are using public transport with it's usual Sunday constraints me and Hank won't be there till sometime between 9-30 and 10-00 I would have thought.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Nick

I don't know if we've upset somebody or what, but we are all on our own by the wall...

G3 and G4, upstairs on the left as you enter the room.
http://www.mksmc.co.uk/wp/wp-content/external/ModelKraft%202017%20map%20colour%20V8.pdf

PR19_Kit

At least we're not cast into outer darkness in the other Hall anyway. It's been a while since we were in the main Hall.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

If I read the map right everybody going to the cafe from the ground floor or the balcony is going to have to walk past you.
IMO an ideal location.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on April 21, 2017, 11:09:03 PM

If I read the map right everybody going to the cafe from the ground floor or the balcony is going to have to walk past you.
IMO an ideal location.

You read it exactly correctly Fred.  :thumbsup:

Sadly, if it's like last year, the CafĂ© will be a mere shadow of its former self. For some reason they cut their services there to the bare minimum last year.  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Army of One

Kit.....while I'm there....you won't have to walk to the cafe anyway. ... :o
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Army of One on April 21, 2017, 11:50:27 PM

Kit.....while I'm there....you won't have to walk to the cafe anyway. ... :o

Hehehe, I'd forgotten that Hank. Thanks for the reminder.  ;D ;)

Regards
Kit

kitbasher

Chaps I've thought long and hard about this and......work, domestics, etc, mean I'm giving MK a miss this year but will be devoting much of the day to actually doing some modelling (for the first time in many many weeks).  The decision is made with a heavy heart as I always enjoy the show - I do hope all of you who are going have no travel faffs to contend with, and have a jolly good time.  looking forward to seeing the pics.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Army of One

A few thank you's first. Many thanks to Nick and Howard for their generosity towards my son Max. A big thanks to all for making Max feel part of the team.  He enjoyed the day and was happy at getting a medal for his He111 that he entered into the model competition. Thanks to Mike for his praise of Max's models.....high praise indeed.  I had a great day, loads of great models on display. I took inspiration for my thirsty little jets and tanker from the chap who had the awesome South American AF SIG. Some great stuff on that.

BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

The Wooksta!

Sure that display was at Telford.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Army of One

Max's models on the competition table....

BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Martin H

Quote from: Army of One on April 23, 2017, 03:03:56 PM
A few thank you's first. Many thanks to Nick and Howard for their generosity towards my son Max. A big thanks to all for making Max feel part of the team.  He enjoyed the day and was happy at getting a medal for his He111 that he entered into the model competition. Thanks to Mike for his praise of Max's models.....high praise indeed.  I had a great day, loads of great models on display. I took inspiration for my thirsty little jets and tanker from the chap who had the awesome South American AF SIG. Some great stuff on that.

That display is the brain child of the venrable Phil Cater. Who occasionaly graces us with his presence under the id of "Rodger the cabin boy"
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Devilfish

It was nice to meet you chaps. Maybe I'll have to keep a closer eye one which shows you're attending and maybe bring one or two of my what ifs along?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Devilfish on April 23, 2017, 11:11:59 PM

It was nice to meet you chaps. Maybe I'll have to keep a closer eye one which shows you're attending and maybe bring one or two of my what ifs along?

What do you mean 'Maybe'? OF COURSE you must.  ;) ;D

Regards
Kit

Army of One

Also gotta post an apology of sorts as I said I would keep Kit and Trevor in tea and sticky buns but, the cafe was closed and the two vans o/s had the market an could chrge what they wanted. ....and they did. At least Dick Turpin wore a mask when he robbed you. Found out to late from Nick about a nearby shop.....hey ho.....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!