Main Menu

Milton Keynes

Started by NARSES2, January 23, 2017, 07:10:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Yup cracking show, thoroughly enjoyed myself and spent most of the day chatting. Good turnout and good to meet some new faces  :thumbsup: Some inspirational models on display and I think my favourite was the 1/72 Supermarine S6 with the engineers working on it which was on the stand opposite. You could almost here the roar of the engine. The other highlite was the 1/144 SIG stand. Lots of tiny scratch built WW1 stuff, some in wood, how on earth do they get their fingers to work with detail that tiny ?  :o

Even the journey ran like clock work both ways although it was amusing to see all those fresh faced, eager marathon runners in the morning and then compare that to the way they looked in the evening  ;D Still, well done to them  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Only downside, as Hank says, was the catering. Nero and Costa charge less for more than those two were  :banghead:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Here's the pics from the stand.

Apologies for the quality of some of the shots and also if I missed any

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 24, 2017, 03:30:22 AM
Quote from: Devilfish on April 23, 2017, 11:11:59 PM

It was nice to meet you chaps. Maybe I'll have to keep a closer eye one which shows you're attending and maybe bring one or two of my what ifs along?

What do you mean 'Maybe'? OF COURSE you must.  ;) ;D

rog' that Kit! Paul's what-ifs were absolutely brilliant when I saw them on FB.

Keeper of George the Cat.

Nick

On the way out I spotted the blue Commer coffee van on a trailer being towed by the same guys who had the burger van. We were truly stitched up by them!

It was good to meet everyone there and have a chat or two. Lots to see there yet I managed to get away without any purchases  :o

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 24, 2017, 07:09:36 AM

Ha, even my THUMB got into the act!  ;D

As everyone said, it was a great show apart from the non-existent catering, well, almost anyway. That burger you got me wasn't too bad Hank, but the coffee looked like aged hydraulic oil that I've drained out of systems!!

There was a dearth of Whiffs elsewhere in the show but we more than held our own I think. There were very few JMNs or nay-sayers there this time.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Leading Observer

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 24, 2017, 01:59:27 PM

There was a dearth of Whiffs elsewhere in the show but we more than held our own I think. There were very few JMNs or nay-sayers there this time.  :thumbsup:

I did overhear the chap who had the 1/72 Aurora AH-56 Cheyenne for sale [it was too much for my wallet  ;D] saying something like " Well you could paint in Army colours as an alternative to the Apache"
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

Army of One

I must admit....I really want to experience Telford.....I think Max wants to go as well...having spoken to those that go each year....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

NARSES2

Quote from: Nick on April 24, 2017, 12:45:57 PM
On the way out I spotted the blue Commer coffee van on a trailer being towed by the same guys who had the burger van. We were truly stitched up by them!

Yup. The two girls taking the money were obviously sisters. I'm over 65 now so legally allowed to make comparisons  ;)

zenrat

I forgot to say, thanks for sharing the pics Chris.
:thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..