Mig-37SMT - Finished!! (pics pg6)

Started by jalles, January 29, 2017, 02:07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snowtrooper

The extension seems so trouble-free that I feel encouraged to try something like that one day! :thumbsup:

Steel Penguin

now that I clever and elegent
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

jalles

Hey Guys, thanks for the kinds words!

I'm still plugging away at it.  Filled, sanded, and primed the bottom.  I'm pretty happy with the results, there are a couple of blemishes that need fixed but overall it's a good start.

And here's a shot with it next to an F-35 as a size comparison.  The original Mig-37 is small, even with a 3cm stretch, it's still shorter than the F-35.

Unfortunately the top has not been so easy, there's still lots of sanding and filling to be done.

PR19_Kit

Are you sure you're not building a stealth ship there?  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Spey_Phantom

i have 3 of those Mig's in my stash, and youre givving me great ideas to improve and upgrade them  :thumbsup:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

PR19_Kit

Amazingly I've found I have two of the weird things too! Goodness knows how or why..... :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

I have a built one somewhere in primer.  IIRC it was going to be an Indian one.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

zenrat

It's the attraction of being able to buy a completely made up aircraft from major manufacturers.
We can't help ourselves.

It's like that movie where Mel Gibson compulsively buys copies of Catcher in the Rye.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

jalles

I'm so impressed with the progress everyone has made in this GB.  I'm not quite keeping up but I did get some stuff done.

The bottom has been vacu-formed.

It seems to fit the top pretty well.

Most of the top extension is primed, found a few places that need a little touch up.

The main reason for vacu-forming the bottom was so I would have more space for weapons and landing gear.

Elongated the horizontal/vertical stabilizers.  They're longer than they will be when finished, I thought it would be easier to get nice sharp corners if I contour them first and then cut them down.

Finally, I'm trying to figure out how to get a realistic weapons load in the fuselage while leaving space for engines and landing gear.

63cpe

I desperately want to see the pictures you included, but they won't open....

David

zenrat

I have no problems with them Dave.
I don't recognise the site Jailes is hosting them on though.  Could that be the issue?
If you quote Jailes' post can you see the URLs?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

comrade harps

Whatever.

Dizzyfugu

That looks very elegant. The fuselage plug makes the MiG-37 much more elegant - looking forward to the added wings, and I am curious about the landing gear.

63cpe

Can't see the url for the pictures either....

System replies:"The requested content cannot be loaded.
Please try again later"...

I guess chrome doesn't recognise the site...

David

TheChronicOne

Interesting. Maybe it has something to do with region or servers or something? I'm using Chrome and everything seems fine. I can see the pics.  Weird....

That said... great progress going on here!
-Sprues McDuck-