Mig-37SMT - Finished!! (pics pg6)

Started by jalles, January 29, 2017, 02:07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

This is really starting to come together  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

JasonW

Excellent work. You have really transformed the base kit into something completely different.  :thumbsup:

Can't wait to see the finished product.
It takes only one drink to get me drunk. The trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or the fourteenth.

- George Burns

Dizzyfugu

The canard layout is really a cool twist. Looks great!  :thumbsup:

jalles

Thanks for all the kind words everyone!   :cheers:

Now if I can just finish it before the deadline.  I can't wait to glue something together so it starts looking like a plane instead of a pile of parts.

QuoteThe canard layout is really a cool twist.

That happened serendipitous.   I have a Su-34 in the parts bin and decided to see how the 37 would look with the su-34 canards.  Turns it out is was a lot better than what I had planned so I ran with it.

zenrat

Bit late now but I can't help thinking I would have moved the intakes further back.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

chrisonord

Wow, this is a cracking piece of work, loving what you have done to the Ferret, and I will be looking at this for inspiration for one of mine.
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

jalles

Yay!  I finally got something done!  It's been awesome watching everyone else's progress but I have to say it's nice to be moving forward again.

I got the vacu-formed bottom glued to the top.  Added the modded vertical stabilizers and have it mostly filled and sanded.

I was going to have the Mig-37 armed with r-73's but I changed my mind and decided to use r-77m's.  Unfortunately I didn't have any in the stash. So I kitbashed some from some r-27's I did have.

And here's the pilot.  I'm not too great at painting pilots but I'm happy with how it turned out.

63cpe

Gob smacking job you're doing! Love the longer fuselage! :thumbsup:

It just fits the ferret's nose and tail better. Love it!

David

PR19_Kit

So you're not good at painting pilots, eh? Could have fooled me, he looks right at home in there.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

DogfighterZen

Very nice work, love the new tails and the pilot looks very good! :cheers:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

jalles

Thanks for the kind words guys!   :thumbsup:

Another quick update, I finally got the main wings on.  Unfortunately while doing that I found out there's a one or two degree twist in the fuselage from front to back  :banghead:

Well there's not much I can do about that now, hopefully it won't be too noticeable once it's all done.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: jalles on April 09, 2017, 10:36:33 AM

Unfortunately while doing that I found out there's a one or two degree twist in the fuselage from front to back  :banghead:

But we can't see that..........  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

zenrat

I find that careful final photograph selection can do wonders for correcting things like that.
;D
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

63cpe

I don't see anything wrong in the fuselage.....can't see any twist (nor shout). But do like the layout! Very original & very refreshing! I guess that compensates the twist of the fuselage twice...

As a matter of fact I think I make an error like that in every whif I make...But don't mind about it....

David