Mig-37SMT - Finished!! (pics pg6)

Started by jalles, January 29, 2017, 02:07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jalles

I finally got some paint on it and I have to say I'm pretty happy with it.  They're a couple spots that need touchup, but overall it's a step in the right direction.

TheChronicOne

Very nice work there! That looks glorious. 
-Sprues McDuck-

DogfighterZen

That is looking great indeed, love that scheme and the colors! :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

zenrat

Perfect paint scheme - it really looks like it came from a computer simulation back in the day.
:thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

chrisonord

The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

su27rules

Very nice paint scheme and love the colors!!   :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

NARSES2

I do like that paint work
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

CammNut

Wow! And where did those panel lines come from? Did I miss something? They really add to the authentic look!

jalles

Thanks for all the kind words guys!  I got the dielectric panels and the radome painted today, now I just need to finish painting the landing gear/weapons bays and exhaust.

QuoteWow! And where did those panel lines come from? Did I miss something?

Yeah, I didn't see the two week extension for the GB so I was scribing panel lines in lieu of posting updates.  Glad you like them.  I was trying to make them believable for a stealth aircraft.

overscan

Paul Martell-Mead / Overscan
"What if?" addict

KiwiZac

Another lover here! What a stunner. I'm sorry I'd missed it until now - it looks so, so much better than the OOB design.
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

Captain Canada

Wowzers what a neat looking machine ! Love the shape, all the lines....looks big and mean ! Great colour scheme as well.

:bow:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

TheChronicOne

Holy crap, I just realized you scribed all them lines like that! Wow, dude, masterful! I wish I could do that... I'll leave it in your capable hands and others with similar skills, though.  :mellow:
-Sprues McDuck-

KiwiZac

I've just gone through the whole thread...I had no idea of the amount of work you've put into this! I want one!
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

jalles

Thanks guys!   :cheers:

QuoteI had no idea of the amount of work you've put into this!

QuoteHoly crap, I just realized you scribed all them lines like that!

It's nice that people here can appreciate the work that goes into our projects, I think most people don't understand the work involved, but you guys do!  I show one of my creations to my wife or family and they just kind of shrug and go "That's nice".  I don't mean that in a bad way, they're just not afflicted with my crazy compulsion to see these things come to life.