Martin Baker MB5

Started by The Wooksta!, January 29, 2017, 02:29:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

Just a general thread for those who seem to be building toward a general theme for this year's Telford.

So, who is in?

I have three "in build", with one at an advanced, almost complete stage.  Might be ready for 'uddersfield, but I currently have other priorities further up the queue.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

I should get one built, my P-53 U.S. version or reverse lease-lend aircraft

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

kitnut617

I'm in conversation with Kit about sending my Airframe vacuform MB5 over to the UK for the show, or maybe two or three shows if he's going to others and I can get it to him quicker
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

The Wooksta!

On reflection, I think limiting this to just the MB5 - although it seems to be very popular - may be a mistake.  I've an unfinished MB2, which just needs canopy and prop sorting out and it's done, plus a built but as yet unprimed MB3.  Perhaps we should widen it to Martin Baker products?
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

PR19_Kit

There aren't that many of them, so why not?

Can that include my MB8 of a couple of years ago too?  ;)

I've got my Skybirds MB5 in build (with longer wings of course...) and an AZ one en route, for which I have devious plan that will actually shock some people on here.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 29, 2017, 04:49:06 PM

I've got my Skybirds MB5 in build (with longer wings of course...) and an AZ one en route, for which I have devious plan that will actually shock some people on here.  ;D

Your going to shorten the wings?  :o

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

kitnut617

I had a thought, I could try and build one of my Falcon kits (I'll do it with either a Sabre VII/VIII engine or a Centaurus [with turbocharger like a P-47]) and send the two together.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

The Wooksta!

IIRC OGL did the MB "Tank Buster" with Unicrap's abortion of a kit and I have an unfinished balsa MB twin engined fighter I got from TsrJoe which would look good when finished.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

NARSES2

Well I'll probably have 2 of the AZ kits finished by Telford, touching wood  ;D

I've also built the Unicraft Tank Buster plus I have the Unicraft Martin Baker 12 gun fighter in the stash. Need to find it though
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

On reflection, I think I'll have to do some digging to find both the MB3 and the 12 gun fighter.

Edit: see here: http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,35117.30.html

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

JayBee

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 30, 2017, 06:02:49 AM

I've also built the Unicraft Tank Buster

Gosh, are you boasting or complaining Chris?
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

The Wooksta!

Given Unicrap's reputation, that could be taken either way...

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

The Wooksta!

I have found a built MB5 whilst looking for other things, Skybirds kit.  I'll have a look for the finished Pegasus ones in the built stash.  I'll have to do some archaeology...

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

JayBee

Quote from: Gondor on January 29, 2017, 05:39:05 PM

Gondor

Make it a Reno racer? Or a contender for the world piston engined speed record? Or one acquired by Soviet Russia for secret testing?

Or maybe, just maybe, you have found a second AZ kit and are planning an F-82 like Zwilling?

The world needs to know.  :wacko:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: JayBee on January 30, 2017, 08:39:15 AM
Quote from: Gondor on January 29, 2017, 05:39:05 PM

Gondor

Make it a Reno racer? Or a contender for the world piston engined speed record? Or one acquired by Soviet Russia for secret testing?

Or maybe, just maybe, you have found a second AZ kit and are planning an F-82 like Zwilling?

The world needs to know.  :wacko:

One of those is correct, yes.  :thumbsup:

I must admit I DO like the idea of an MB5 Zwilling, but that'd need a couple more airframes.  ;)

We're well on the way to generate an Martin Baker sub-SIG at this rate.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit