WIP Project Witches' World - IFN Seiryū せいりゅう

Started by Velvet_Scarlantina, January 30, 2017, 01:01:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Velvet_Scarlantina

Ladies and gents, I present to you the 5th installment of the series. Project G15-125 Fuso Carrier Project.

Narrative details to follow.

For now, paper design study of the project.

Inspiration behind it is the fact that Taiho was supposed to have 2 catapult and the proceeding G15 Project which is an improvement to Taiho's design and fatal flaw. Throw in the Liberion SCB-125 upgrade for her Essex carriers and also Karlsland's Luftwaffe jet projects

Velvet_Scarlantina

Ship class: Hakuryū carrier

Armament:
7 x 2 Type 98 "Chi" 40mm Bofors
3 x 2 Type 98 100mm / 65

Aircraft:
4 Ar 234 AWACS
35 Mitsubishi A7M Reppu fighters
40 Aichi B7A2 Ryusei-Kai torpedo bombers modified to carry and launch Ruhrstahl X4
26 Yokosuka D4Y Suisei dive bombers

12 Yamanashi N1K Striker Unit

Aviation facilities:
3 elevators
2 hydraulic catapult

Velvet_Scarlantina

More updates -

Hangar deck stage 1

Trying out various deck parking

Hangar deck stage 2

As for the planes, I used PitRoad's IJN Aircraft set 4. I got 3 boxes of it and I still have another 2 more boxes of planes to do up the bombers. I must say, folding wings really does wonders to deck and hangar parking. Seeing how much of the flight deck is filled, I do not know if I would have space to show the dive bombers on deck park.

I'm still waiting for the CV crew from 3dmodelparts.com to arrive.

I got to say that I'm greatful to nonobar for sharing some of the hidden details of his 1975 Graf Zepplin.

Zombolt

I always wondered how a IJN-like carrier would look with an angled deck.

Velvet_Scarlantina

Updates -

So after building up the hangar deck, I tested hangar arrangement with the deck parked planes

Yes that extended area is part of the top hangar deck

I finally settle on this deck parking arrangement. Lets me load at least 18 planes and launch 4 witches at the same time from the angled deck. If possible, I can even squeeze in 24 planes on the deck. Of which 2 will be sitting on the aft elevator.

Velvet_Scarlantina

I actually wanted to include deck tractors and Striker Unit Launchers on deck. At first this was how they looked like

Simple no frills kind of plastic blobs. Though it was rather unsettling and it didn't do justice to the ship itself.

I went to look up for USN CV deck tractors and the Clark tractor seemed perfect. So this's the Fuso license built Liberion Clark tractor

As for the Striker Unit Launcher, I went back to the source material to beef it up. It was made longer and more detailed. Though it's still shorter than canon.

And yes, I made 12 of them and putting them side by side, it really looks like the screen capture below

Old Wombat

This is out of my field but I can see some seriously good modelling happening here! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Dizzyfugu

Is that an Ar 234 night fighter/AWACS on board?  :o

The Star Wars ferry also worries me...  ;)

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Velvet_Scarlantina

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on March 12, 2017, 01:21:55 AM
Is that an Ar 234 night fighter/AWACS on board?  :o

The Star Wars ferry also worries me...  ;)
Yep. Ar 234 modified for AWACS duty

Velvet_Scarlantina

Finally it's coloured. Detail painting to come in the following days.

Partial interior

Captain Canada

Wow this is amazing ! Glad I bumped into this thread ! Love the carrier deck, and all of the details you're creating. Where are all of the a/c from and what scale ?
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Velvet_Scarlantina

Quote from: Captain Canada on May 21, 2017, 07:50:08 AM
Wow this is amazing ! Glad I bumped into this thread ! Love the carrier deck, and all of the details you're creating. Where are all of the a/c from and what scale ?

The planes in the hangar are pulled together from Taiho and 1/700 Waterline Series late war planes while the ones on deck would comr from PirRoad

Velvet_Scarlantina

I got these containers from a Japanese lifestyle shop near my place. Very useful.