F/A-16W Block 70

Started by DogfighterZen, February 01, 2017, 03:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

Quote from: Captain Canada on April 16, 2017, 06:46:42 PM
Sure doesn't look like an F-16 anymore.
Yes, it does: it looks like a much improved F-16, a wonderful what-if F-16... :thumbsup: :wub:
(very good for enthusiast dreamers, I mean, I don't care what the army says...) :-\
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Tophe on April 16, 2017, 09:19:30 PM
Quote from: Captain Canada on April 16, 2017, 06:46:42 PM
Sure doesn't look like an F-16 anymore.
Yes, it does: it looks like a much improved F-16, a wonderful what-if F-16... :thumbsup: :wub:
(very good for enthusiast dreamers, I mean, I don't care what the army says...) :-\

Thanks, guys! :thumbsup:
Tophe, the USAF and Lockheed are going to keep the f-16 flying til the 2040s, i just wish they'd do some updates to the design, i think the Viper deserved it. :rolleyes:
I've been doing small things like gluing on the remaining bits before paint, but still some work to do.

Gonna mask the canopy while i wait for the glue on the pitot tube to dry so the seam can be sanded down.

:cheers:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Captain Canada

Love the spine that looks so cool !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Tophe

DogfighterZen

Thanks, guys! :thumbsup:

Today i finally masked the canopy and had to put a few drops of CA glue on the nose tip cause there just wasn't enough material to form a decent nose tip with no pitot tube, like the F-16E/F radome.

Maybe this afternoon i can get the nose tip sanded and mask the intake to finally give it a primer coat.

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

DogfighterZen

Finished the nose tip yesterday and it's ready for paint! :party:
Now, regarding scheme i've been divided between a desert camo and a more modern and an F-35 type of finish but i'll have to make up my mind today cause i really wanna get this finished to be able to concentrate on my YF-23 build.

TheChronicOne

I vote camo. If the other is that boring just "grey" all over scheme type stuff.. that's just so un appealing to me.
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Camo definitely.  You've build enough grey stuff already, give us some colour dude.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Tophe

My opinion is different: a single colour would feature more the silhouette originality. But let you decide, of course.

DogfighterZen

Thank for the feedback, guys, much appreciated! :thumbsup:
Ok, you guys win. Fred's right, i've built enough grey stuff, time for some colors. :drink:
I love dark, flat monochromatic planes but i also like other colors and camo schemes, i just have a hard time choosing what to do... :banghead:
I'm gonna keep it simple and go for a real world Israeli camo, has 4 colors and it looks good on the real F-16 so it should look good on this thing.
What do you think?

Also started choosing the loadout and i'm going with the sprues i didn't use from the Kinetic F-16D Block52+ kit, so it'll be 2 GBU-10, 8 GBU-39, and i'm adding the center line drop tank, 2 Aim-9X, and 4 Aim-120C missiles.
Almost forgot, i also added a sensor housing under the nose, it will be a system derived from the F-35's EOTS. ;)

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

DogfighterZen

Well, finally primed! :thumbsup:

Only area that still needs some PSR...  :rolleyes: :banghead:

After this bit is fixed, it's a go for the camo!  :cheers:

TheChronicOne

Man, that looks sweet!!  Can't wait to see it painted up. :D
-Sprues McDuck-

Tophe

:wub: I love it in this grey colour, plain :thumbsup: