F/A-16W Block 70

Started by DogfighterZen, February 01, 2017, 03:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerick

Conformal fuel tanks?? Please!
And that box that runs down the fuselage spine? Pretty please!!
This is going to be great!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

DogfighterZen

Quote from: kerick on March 24, 2017, 07:31:29 PM
Conformal fuel tanks?? Please!
And that box that runs down the fuselage spine? Pretty please!!
This is going to be great!

I think you're going to like this, brother...   ;) :thumbsup:
So, i got some small stuff glued on... as some call them, the Viper's warts... ;D And also did what was needed to really start the next stage, them mighty wings! :bow:

So, tomorrow it's on with the rest of the control surfaces...

:cheers:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

DogfighterZen

Quote from: su27rules on March 30, 2017, 04:53:22 AM
:wub: :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Slow progress as usual... :banghead: got the major gaps closed as best i could and added some more styrene bits...

I've used the x-acto blade to chip down the plastic first to leave the smallest gaps possible and now the putty is drying... :thumbsup:

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Rick Lowe

Coming along really well. I'm taking notes for mine (somewhen down the line...)

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Rick Lowe on March 30, 2017, 03:14:31 PM
Coming along really well. I'm taking notes for mine (somewhen down the line...)

Thanks, Rick. :thumbsup: It's easy to fit the Raptor's Wings on the Viper, i just had to cut along the panel lines on the Italeri kit.
The first round of PSR on the top wing/fuse area, already puttied for round two later today. The underside of the canard section will be harder to fair in properly, should've done it before i glued the intake on, can be done but it'll be much harder to work with... :banghead:

DogfighterZen

Today i got all the PSR done and glued the canards on... :thumbsup:

And in case anyone was wondering what the final layout will be like... :wub:

Next are the twin tails, which i've changed back to F-16 tails like i used on the single seat version, but this will take some cutting on the CFTs to fit the base of the F-16 tails.

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

DogfighterZen

Thanks, guys! :thumbsup:
Got the tails on today and something didn't look right, i had to think of something to blend in the rear section of the tails, so i looked back at the single seat version and did something similar...

Still needs work but i think it looks better...

TheChronicOne

How you sneak this past me, bruh?!? 

;D

I'm slipping on my keeping up with the new projects around here. This is looking glorrrrious and you know I love me some Falcon stuff!   :wub:
-Sprues McDuck-

DogfighterZen

Quote from: TheChronicOne on April 01, 2017, 09:39:06 PM
How you sneak this past me, bruh?!? 

;D

I'm slipping on my keeping up with the new projects around here. This is looking glorrrrious and you know I love me some Falcon stuff!   :wub:

;D  :thumbsup:

Thanks, Brad! I know how it is, sometimes there's just not enough time to look at everything, specially if you let a few days go by without coming here, lots of stuff going on. :thumbsup:
So, today i have to finish sanding down the tail bases, then i'll have the outside of the exhaust nozzle to paint so it can be masked and glued on, and then, the bit i consider the hardest to do, the CFTs... Those have to be cut up because of the tail bases and i'm not really sure i'll be able to do it without messing up but we'll find out soon enough...

DogfighterZen

Well, today i did manage to get the tail bases ready although it took longer than i thought it would, next is painting and fitting of the nozzle, then CFTs and spine.

I have to admit i'm really pleased with the look of this bird, even without all the "luggage" on it's back... :wub:

This build is now progressing at a good pace and i'm going to have a few days off work during this next week so i'll definitely work hard to get this ready for paint stage during those days cause i can't wait to see this finished beside the single seat version.

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: DogfighterZen on April 02, 2017, 03:25:12 PM
<...> I have to admit i'm really pleased with the look of this bird, even without all the "luggage" on it's back... :wub: <...>

And rightly so!  :wub: It's a stunner!  :mellow:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

TheChronicOne

It looks so right!!   Impressive. 
-Sprues McDuck-