Previous topic - Next topic

DogfighterZen

Quote from: TheChronicOne on April 26, 2017, 04:31:27 PM
Man, that looks sweet!!  Can't wait to see it painted up. :D

:thumbsup:

Quote from: Tophe on April 26, 2017, 07:17:17 PM
:wub: I love it in this grey colour, plain :thumbsup:

Sorry Tophe, it's got more color now...

The scheme will have to be a bit different due to the different wings and twin tails. Had to mix a drop of XF-3 flat yellow to the XF-57 buff, and a few more drops of XF-2 flat white to get this tone.
I know i'm not going to get the colors exactly like the real colors used by the IAF F-16I but it's closer than if i'd used one of the colors i have straight out of the jar.
I've been thinking of extending my color range, i'm finding it very limited when it comes to any other color besides grey...  ;D
Next is masking for the light green.

:cheers:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

DogfighterZen

Bonus, still had time to get it masked for the light green tonight! :thumbsup:

First time i'm masking like this, just hope it works as i'm expecting it to...

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

DogfighterZen

Quote from: TheChronicOne on April 28, 2017, 11:19:14 AM
So far, so good! 

Yup! :thumbsup: But still a lot that can go wrong... :rolleyes:
Today i got the mix of XF-71 cockpit green and XF-2 flat white, 70/30 ratio for the light green done and sprayed on and this is the result...

Tomorrow i should be able to get the top side finished with the dark brown, which i'm going to try to achieve by mixing XF-68 Nato brown with either XF-57 buff or XF-52 flat earth, i'll have to test it out first to see what comes closer to the real tone.

TheChronicOne

I know exactly what you mean, bruh!!  The things I've been uttering to myself about my Tucano build aren't fit for the dead to hear, let alone the living.

And... damn, that looks really cool!  I think you're on to something here.
-Sprues McDuck-

DogfighterZen

Quote from: TheChronicOne on April 28, 2017, 05:34:14 PM
I know exactly what you mean, bruh!!  The things I've been uttering to myself about my Tucano build aren't fit for the dead to hear, let alone the living.

;D

Today i got the brown painted and all i can say is, i'll take it, not happy with some areas but all in all, i think it'll look ok when it's finished. What do you guys think?

Tomorrow i should be able to paint the underside with XF-19 sky grey and the radome with XF-53 neutral grey.

Rick Lowe

I think it's rocking along nicely - keep up the superb work!

TheChronicOne

Quote from: Rick Lowe on April 29, 2017, 05:07:39 PM
I think it's rocking along nicely - keep up the superb work!
Yes!!  This is getting better and better!   :wub: :lol:
-Sprues McDuck-

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

zenrat

Lovely.  See, colours are your friends!
;D :mellow: ;)
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

DogfighterZen

Thank you, gents, glad you like it! :bow:

Quote from: zenrat on April 30, 2017, 01:19:22 AM
Lovely.  See, colours are your friends!
;D :mellow: ;)

;D Yup, that is true, they've given me motivation to try out some more camo schemes with other colors instead of grey, somehow got me thinking of trying the SEA camo and a real world build...  :o
Anyway, the radome is painted and now i've been masking the topside so i can spray the XF-19 on the underside, which i'm still hoping to get done be done today...

It's getting there... :wub:

DogfighterZen

Managed to spray the XF-19 on the underside...

Now, still have to paint a few details that will require masking a lot of the fuselage, but i just don't feel like doing it today, i'll leave that for tomorrow. Now i'm just going to start painting smaller bits and details with the hairy stick.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est