Soviet Stealth - SU-40 Flatliner

Started by DogfighterZen, February 02, 2017, 03:44:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DogfighterZen

Quote from: jalles on February 26, 2017, 02:19:27 PM
The new nose is killer.  I also really like your reworked LERX and you got rid of those RWR, it's looking awesome  :thumbsup:

Thank you! :thumbsup:
Last night i still had time to glue the right wing on and left it to dry overnight so it's completely solid when i get to glue the left one on, which will be done tonight.

:cheers:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Captain Canada

Man that is looking good ! Great job on the upgrades...I can't believe how people can make such straight cuts on styrene !  :banghead:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Captain Canada on February 27, 2017, 01:31:42 PM

Man that is looking good ! Great job on the upgrades...I can't believe how people can make such straight cuts on styrene !  :banghead:

There's a handy tool for work like that, it's called a 'Steel Rule'.  ;D ;) :lol:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

DogfighterZen

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 27, 2017, 04:00:14 PM
Quote from: Captain Canada on February 27, 2017, 01:31:42 PM

There's a handy tool for work like that, it's called a 'Steel Rule'.  ;D ;) :lol:

:thumbsup:
Yes, that must a good thing to have on the bench, gotta buy one of those someday...  ;D ;)
I guess it depends on the thickness of the plastic you're using or on how good the blade you're using is, if it's thin sheet, a normal blade/ruler combination do the trick just fine. I'll usually sand on the rough edge i've cut and use the plastic strip/sheet's original edges as those are straight "OOB" and save me a lot of sanding time, so in reality, i'm not so sure i can make straight cuts on styrene... ;D
Nothing done on plastic tonight, band rehearsal night... Literally :banghead: but in a good way... :wacko:

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

DogfighterZen

Ok, we're back in business, the wings and stabs are on, here's a test shot with the landing gear in place to check if everything's properly aligned...

Only minor filling and sanding on the wing roots but i'll first put in some CA glue for a stronger bond and then finish it off with some Tamiya putty.

jalles

That is awesome!  So much better than the original.  :thumbsup:

The wings and horizontal stabilizers are perfect.

Rick Lowe

Sweet! Reminds me of a MiG-29; that short, hunched-over look.
Not that that's a bad thing...

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

DogfighterZen

Glad you like it, gents! :cheers:
Rick, i agree, it does give out a bit of a Fulcrum impression... And i think that the wings also help, i did take the example of the Mig-29 and SU-27's wings sweep angle to have something a bit more Soviet to it so what you said confirms that i wasn't that far off. :thumbsup:
Speaking of Mig-29, i really wanna get one of the new Trumpeter kits of the SMT, it's my fav version of the Fulcrum and the kit is beautiful. :rolleyes:

Dizzyfugu

Looks very good an unexpectedly elegant. - after all, it's a MiG-37 wedge! Great conversion, I like the new exhaust section a lot.  :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

DogfighterZen

:thumbsup: Thanks, guys. Nothing done last night, was too tired to sit at the bench, maybe tonight... :rolleyes:

DogfighterZen

Rainy day here in Portugal, so i took the day off work and stayed home to do some stuff i had on hold and as the chores were completed, i came down to the cave to do some modelling. I got the wings puttied and did the same to the airbrakes, which i wanted closed, so there were gaps to fill around them.
Should be able to get the canopy masked today so i can move on to paint stage tomorrow, after the remaining putty is sanded off. :thumbsup:

DogfighterZen

Ok, i'm gonna give Imgur a try, i'm tired of Photobucket, it's not been for me in the past couple of days and everything is taking so long to open... besides, now i can't even copy the codes of my own images, the function is not working for me so that does it...  :banghead:
Modelling wise, i've got everything sanded down on this thing, including the speed brakes, which i wanted to eliminate, as i didn't want them open and the gaps were just too big.

Now, i've been thinking of the smaller details i could add for some interest so that's probably what's next before painting.

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?