Airfix TSR2

Started by P1127, November 19, 2004, 11:09:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

P1127

It's not an effing  jump jet.

Davey B

Please, please tell me this ISN'T A FRIGGIN' WINDUP!!!!!

I think I'm in love...

Mike Wren

ooooh! now you're talking...  :wub:

Hobbes

Oh YES!

From the Airfix site: "due to popular demand we will be developing a fantastic 1:72 TSR.2"
So the TSR display at last year's UK Nats seems to have worked. Good to see that.

Hannants did get the measurements wrong, I think. 37 mm is a bit small, it'll be 37 cm instead. And we'll have to wait another year (Hannant's is expecting a Autumn 2005 release).

Mairfrog

I love it when a plan comes together.  B)

Can I just add the following:

Kick donkey!

retro_seventies

yes yes yes yes YES[/size]

guess i'll be buying myself a bunch for xmas next year!

"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

Ollie

HOORAY!!

Guys, this is the first victory we What-Ifers have won over JMNs and the industry!!!
[/size]

:cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  

Captain Canada

Yeah, that would be really cool !

I wonder if I can trade my resin one in with Thorvic for a plastic one ? Then I wouldn't be so dog-gone chicken poo-poo (with an english accent) to build one !

And then I could also do a whole set of 1 Air Div NATO birds, from Baden-Soellingen, as well as NORAD types, trainers, and shore based RCN jobs !

Oh, the joys !

:wub:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Swamphen

Gotta have it! :)

Supertom

Wow, I take a nap and this is what happens!  I should have more naps.  ;)

£15 is a good sum of money but then again, it's a large plane.  We've asked for one and now Airfix has decided to take a big risk on us.  Let's show Trev that it's not just lip service and buy several once it shows up on shelves (I see myself building at least 5)

Hey Mairfrog, you gotta finish your Heritage TSR.2 now - it'll be the "last one built" - think of it - it'll be like a phoenix rising out of the ashes!!!  :D  
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

Mairfrog

Tom, it's just like you said: As soon as you start a really nasty resin kit of a rare subject some company announces a styrene version.  ^_^

It was worth it!

Ha ha ha..hehehe..Ha Ha Ha BWA HAHAHAHAH!!! :D  B)  B)  B)  

Ollie

Toad, I'll trade yer resin monster for a big box of spares!

:D  :rolleyes:  ;)  :cheers:  :cheers:  

P1127

QuoteTom, it's just like you said: As soon as you start a really nasty resin kit of a rare subject some company announces a styrene version.  ^_^

It was worth it!

Ha ha ha..hehehe..Ha Ha Ha BWA HAHAHAHAH!!! :D  B)  B)  B)
So, do I start my Aardvaark Kestrel, in the knowledge that Airfix will do one next year?

Oh, anyone want to take bets on a Revell TSR2 kit?
It's not an effing  jump jet.

Scooterman

(bows down to the Great Modeling Gods)

THANK YOU AIRFIX!!!

And just in time for my SMW '05 trip!!!!

I think somebody else already said it but I love it when a plan comes together!

GOOD SHOW GENTLEMEN!

Ollie

Guys, let's remember, shall we?   :D  :D  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes: