Airfix TSR2

Started by P1127, November 19, 2004, 11:09:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin H

Hate to tell u this guys

Geoff, Lee, joe and myself have known it was comeing for quite a while now.

We got told the day of the Glasgow show, by Martin from Heritage Aviation. Who had himself been told the night before by saint Trev himself (So martin could make arrasngements to replace the lost TSR trade) Why didnt we say anything? we were told in no uncertain terms that total secrecy was required by Airfix

Cheesey grins all round behind the 36feet of display space the three sigs had between em.

See pester power can work if handled properly  :D

:party:  :party:  :party:  :party:  :party:  :party:  :party:

I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

nev

Geoff, Lee, joe and myself have known it was comeing for quite a while now.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Martin H

Sorry Nev it the truth dear boy  
Unfortunately,

Mike Wren

QuoteGeoff, Lee, joe and myself have known it was comeing for quite a while now.
that'll explain those odd cryptic comments when I talked to you & Geoff...  ;)  good to meet you both BTW

Martin H

Quotethat'll explain those odd cryptic comments when I talked to you & Geoff...  ;)  good to meet you both BTW
was it that obvious we were hiding something?   ;)  
Unfortunately,

Geoff_B

Yes the Airfix TSR-2 is on its waym the Box art and Decals are done the kit itself is having its drawings tweaked as Trev did the origianl ones done are based on Hygates book so TSRJOE has hopefully set them straight so they should be as accurate as the data Joe provides. Estimated launch date is 9 months from now so Autumn is the favoured time (as long as things run on schedule).

Model Alliance are going to do a Cockpit and Bombay resin inserts and Noblekraft will be doing the Equipment bays. The Model mag producers are now fighting over each other to get to joe for the data to do a book/profile on the TSR-2 to co-incide with the kit. And to think Wooksta offered to do one earlier in the year but was turned down due to a so called lack of demand..... Hmmn that might serve them right.

As for the SIG, as the leader i was able to talk in depth to both Steve Lord the MD and Andy Farmer the Sales Manager about the TSR-2 model (Trev was just too overwhelmed with idolising modellers to get a decent word in, plus talked to Trev on the subject earlier in the year at other shows & events). I offered the SIG's help in promoting the kit and this was greatfully accepted. We were passed many flyers to put on the stand and all of these were snatched up by delighted modellers throughout the weekend. We had a number of new recruits to the SIG including Mr Mike McEvoy.

Now we need to spread the word whenever and whereever we can. I'll see if i can persuade Andy Farmer to send us out some more flyers for use at future shows which can be distributed amongst the crew for maximum coverage.

Cheers

Geoff B :D
A very happy SIG leader.
(the rest of the crew are rather chuffed aswell ;) )

Mairfrog

Joe's vetting the drawings? Hallelujah! At last - an accurate TSR 2 kit in the offing and injection moulded to boot!  :wub:

It's starting to feel like it was worth all the pissing about with cardboard and Paint Shop Pro last year.  ;)

Obviously I'm not cracking open the metaphorical champagne until the kit is in my hands but this has been an encouraging weekend for Whiffy modelling.  ^_^

Supertom

Sweet!  Any chance that TSRJoe will get the first TSR.2 off the production run?  That's something for the display case there!
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

JC Carbonel

Considering the announced release date of October , to be true to life Airfix should announce the cancellation of the kit by August  and instead offer reboxed Revell TFX ???

JCC

Nigel Bunker

Who's going to make a presentation model to give to Dennis Healey? He's still there, as large as life and earning a nice living from the House of Lords.

Perhaps a model of a prototype with men climbing all over it with oxy-acetylene cutters? Should look very nice on a base under a glass case.
Life's too short to apply all the stencils

Nigel Bunker

I heard on the grapevine that Airfix were going to cancel it, update the F-111 mould to F-111K status, cancel that and then re-issue the Buccaneer.

Just a rumour.

Nigel Bunker

What? No-one else posting on this thread?

I've just been to TAHS and ordered 6 of them. Long wait till next year but it'll be worth it.

Also understand Aifix 48th Buccaneer is to be re-issued (no details though).

P1127

QuoteConsidering the announced release date of October , to be true to life Airfix should announce the cancellation of the kit by August  and instead offer reboxed Revell TFX ???

JCC
Now I'm wiping coffee off my monitor!
It's not an effing  jump jet.

nev

QuoteAlso understand Aifix 48th Buccaneer is to be re-issued (no details though).
Overheard am Airfix rep talking about this, and its coming out next year with new decals.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Joe C-P

True to my word, I will buy one, then come up with some...  :ph34r:

Oh dear, I just had a naughty...  :P

Yeah, this one's got a plan now.  :party:

Congrats to all those of you long-suffering fans of the big bird.  :D  :cheers:

JoeP
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.