Merkava SPAAG

Started by silverwindblade, February 05, 2017, 12:35:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Quote from: zenrat on March 24, 2017, 09:14:47 PM
A bit drastic, but you could shorten the whole thing so it has one less set of road wheels.

Or; buy another kit, use a road wheel on this build, then build a Merkava Short with the it! :thumbsup: ;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

silverwindblade

Quote from: kerick link=topic=43344.msg762748#msg762748 date=1490451407

I'd go with the parts request first. Someone out there must have some laying around.
/quote]

Made a request on the sales board, hopefully that will shake something loose.
Amidst the blue skies, a link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector...
Gordon's Alive, a Podcast I host. Check us out!

kerick

Quote from: Old Wombat on March 25, 2017, 10:06:56 AM
Quote from: zenrat on March 24, 2017, 09:14:47 PM
A bit drastic, but you could shorten the whole thing so it has one less set of road wheels.

Or; buy another kit, use a road wheel on this build, then build a Merkava Short with the it! :thumbsup: ;D

Merkava hull on eight wheels?
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Zombolt

Quote from: seadude on February 19, 2017, 06:22:33 PM
Quote from: salt6 on February 19, 2017, 05:27:34 PM
Quote from: seadude on February 18, 2017, 05:58:03 PM
Interesting concept.  :wub: I'm thinking of doing something similar in the future, but with a M1 Abrams chassis and parts from a Takom Gepard. Though the guns will be a bit larger.  ;D

http://www.salt6.com/MyStuff/?page_id=25

But as I said, I plan to use BIGGER guns.  ;D  ;D  ;D  I'm going to use the twin gatling guns (On both arms) from this Gundam robot model kit:

Mind if I ask, What Grade is the Heavyarms you are using?

seadude

QuoteMind if I ask, What Grade is the Heavyarms you are using?

1/144 if I'm not too mistaken. If you think they won't work or might be too small on a 1/35 tank chassis, then just wait till I start this project (Whenever that might be.) and be amazed. I can be pretty creative when I put my mind to it. ;)
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

Zombolt

Quote from: seadude on March 26, 2017, 08:17:19 PM
QuoteMind if I ask, What Grade is the Heavyarms you are using?

1/144 if I'm not too mistaken. If you think they won't work or might be too small on a 1/35 tank chassis, then just wait till I start this project (Whenever that might be.) and be amazed. I can be pretty creative when I put my mind to it. ;)

No, it's more wondering how big the new guns would be, and if you'd what if up the remaining suit afterwords ; P

Captain Canada

Un update from my end : Haven't found the tank yet. I obviously moved it somewhere, but am not in the position to move boxes right now, sorry.

:-\
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

silverwindblade

Quote from: Captain Canada on May 06, 2017, 10:19:51 AM
Un update from my end : Haven't found the tank yet. I obviously moved it somewhere, but am not in the position to move boxes right now, sorry.

:-\

That's okay, no rush at all. Thanks for letting me know!
Amidst the blue skies, a link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector...
Gordon's Alive, a Podcast I host. Check us out!