1/32 scale Ki-100

Started by seadude, February 12, 2017, 11:42:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seadude

I've got a modeling friend who wishes there was a 1/32 scale model kit of the Japanese Ki-100 WWII aircraft. Does a kit currently exist or does anyone know of any plans to come out with one in the foreseeable future?
I've read that there are resin parts to either make a 1/32 Ki-100 or to convert a different Japanese fighter into a Ki-100, but I think my friend is hoping that some model kit manufacturer will come out with a plastic 1/32 scale Ki-100 instead.
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

KiwiZac

Scalemates says for 1/32 there are only two options, both conversions by Alley Cat (razorback and bubble top).

Odds are someone'll do a full kit once your friend commits to one of the conversions, so for the betterment of modellerkind you should encourage them to do it  :thumbsup:
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates