Yak-26 "Firedrake"

Started by JayBee, February 16, 2017, 08:46:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

loupgarou

Interesting build. I hop you manage to complete it.
Using the wet finger method, how does Vallejo filler taste? :rolleyes:
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

JayBee

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Rick Lowe

Quote from: JayBee on March 02, 2017, 02:00:56 PM
Yeurgh!!!!!

Didn't Mummy ever tell you not to touch something Nasty and then put your fingers in your mouth?  ;D

... yeah, I can't talk, having done similar... I guess I listened to Mum about as much as you did...  :rolleyes:  :lol:

JayBee

Well I have fought the good fight in otherwords I have managed to get the tailplane to fit into the slot in the fin.
Dead easy, NOT!.
It requires the slot to be opened up top and bottom, AND made about 1/8th of an inch longer. I extended it at the front.
Then there is the issue of the cockpit/front wheel well, and the rear wheel well, fitting into the fuselage. Sorry did I use the word FITTING. No such luck.
It took a lot of carving and sanding (using my trusty Dremel) before those assemblies would even think of fitting anywhere other than the bin. But perseverance paid off in the end.

So now my Lords, Ladies, Gentlemen, and Whiffers, a glimpse of "Things to Come", and no I am not talking of the 1936 Sci-Fi film with Raymond Massey......................

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

63cpe

Yeah, fitting is a braod concept in whiffery....but marvelous bird you've got there! It's looking very promising!

David

Captain Canada

Oh yeah that is looking good....and big !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

loupgarou

Very beautiful aircraft from an unpromising kit!  :thumbsup:
The hardest part should be done, hope to see it completed soon.
BTW, I have a kit from the same family, your comments are inspiring me to build it...NOT!  ;D
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

TheChronicOne

Damn, that's looking great!!   Go comrade!
-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

Looooong wings and big engines, what's not to like?  :thumbsup: ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

I'm not sure the engines are big enough... :rolleyes:

Quote from: 63cpe on March 08, 2017, 12:32:03 PM
Yeah, fitting is a braod concept in whiffery...

Moreso if you start with an A Model kit.   :o
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

JayBee

This build had stalled a bit as the fit of the u/c parts, and the instructions were let's say, not the best.
I have eventually found, on the internet, a side view drawing, that shows how the u/c should look for the Yak-25 series.

Work has now restarted.
Because of this delay in progress would the Lord High Moderator please agree to an extension? A year would be most helpfull.  :wacko: :rolleyes:

Cats are not real. 

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

JayBee

The build continues slowly, but some things are getting done.
Here are the two AA-2 Atoll missiles that formed the primary armament of this variant of the Yak-25/26.
Well actually they are AIM-9Bs from the Hasegawa weapon set III.
The IR seeker heads have been replaced with those wonderful "Little Lenses" from Little Cars.
These are great little things to use, I love them for Landing lights.

Cats are not real. 

TheChronicOne

Them are awesome!!  I'm going to start writing all this stuff down for my trips to the stores.
-Sprues McDuck-

Captain Canada

Those little lenses are neat, a little pricey too but very handy. And thanks for that profile !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?