Main Menu

Shinden

Started by Ian the Kiwi Herder, February 16, 2017, 05:00:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Cool.
:thumbsup:

The Shinden always makes me think they designed it and then thought "oh s##t, we need longer undercarriage legs.."
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Librarian

A truly stunning result...everything works so well :wub:. Beautiful finish :thumbsup:.

TheChronicOne

Excellent!! That looks great, I love it. :D
-Sprues McDuck-

kerick

WOW! That really looks nice! :wub:
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Tophe

Great model! :thumbsup: while not very what-if... I invented today an inverted-Shinden (not canard) and inverted Zero (canard) at http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,20326.3210.html
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

AXU

Dizzyfugu

Nice, the paint scheme suits the Shinden well. Personally, I'd have left away the yellow flashes and add white rings to the Hinomarus for better contrast, but that's personal taste. I like the overall concept.  :thumbsup:

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Tophe on February 26, 2017, 01:06:50 AM
Great model! :thumbsup: while not very what-if... I invented today an inverted-Shinden (not canard)

IIRC, somebody (ARC, maybe?) built such a thing, reversing a Hasegawa Shinden with the engine to the front, conventional layout, but keeping the swept wings (just reversed). Looked interesting, to say the least, but proportions were a bit off. And the landing gear is a major issue..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

KiwiZac

Bravo Ian, what a stunner! It looks superb in those marks!

I have to agree with the Racer Raiden. Please!
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

Ian the Kiwi Herder

:thumbsup:

Thanks you folks, really appreciate the comments, glad you like it. The Raiden will happen a little later in the year as March means 'Micro Modelling Month' (a 'small scale' Group Build) over at Modelers Alliance-dot-com and I'm double building a Eurofighter and FG1 Phantom.

AFN

Ian.
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

PR19_Kit

The usual, and expected, Kiwi Herder wonderfulness when it comes to plastic modelling.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I don't think I've ever seen such a smart looking Shinden.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

FAR148

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

She's a beauty! Great to see you still using the Dark side of the Force!

Very well done! What's next?

Steven L  :thumbsup:

chrisonord

Very nice Ian, the camo looks excellent  :thumbsup: The more I look at it the more I want one in 1/72nd scale to build a COIN bird from.
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!