The Queen's Cup air races

Started by Rheged, February 17, 2017, 02:40:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rheged

Quote from: zenrat on February 18, 2017, 11:43:42 PM
Racing against the clock or against other aircraft?  If against other aircraft then how many and can we have a Le Mans style start?  :mellow:

I have some ideas about other events (shot putt, high jump, marathon, rhythmic gymnastics) but i'll keep them for my Aerolympics builds...

Rhythmic gymnastics for aircraft sounds most entertaining........and given that the competition is over water, mechanical problems might lead to freestyle swimming.......
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

NARSES2

Only important rules that need to be considered are to do with the catering arrangements.

2 or 3 levels of enclosure - Nobs, Nouveau Nobs and Middle Classes ? Pimms or Champagne tents ? Deckchairs provided for picnics ? An area set aside for the "working class" to lay their blankets down and drink their brown ales and eat their cheese and pickle sarnies ?

;) ;D ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

jcf

Also private land, if at all possible, after the '51 Nationals Race, scheduled for 23 June at Hetfield,
was canceled due to weather, the plan to run it on Day One of the Farnborough SBAC Display was
scuppered:
"... by the fact that a demand for over 42 percent return from public admission charges could
be expected from the Customs and Excise, ...". pg. 370, British Racing and Record Breaking Aircraft

So anyone in the offing as a potential patron?  ;)

Perhaps the Lord of Rheged?  ;D

PR19_Kit

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on February 19, 2017, 10:14:40 AM

...." a demand for over 42 percent return from public admission charges could
be expected from the Customs and Excise, ...".

Come the revolution and those ratbags will be seen for the villains they really are. Goodness knows how much damage the Customs and Excise have done to the UK, seen overall, not just in terms of revenue garnered.  :banghead: :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Isle of Man might be a venue, or the Channel Islands, or even Gibraltar (although that would annoy the Spaniards)
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rheged on February 19, 2017, 01:26:06 PM

Isle of Man might be a venue, or the Channel Islands, or even Gibraltar (although that would annoy the Spaniards)

I like the idea of the IoM, it's got two airfields, one at each end of the island and from the peak of Sneafell you could see the whole race!

I predict heavy traffic on the Mountain Railway.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Quote from: Rheged on February 19, 2017, 01:26:06 PM
... or even Gibraltar (although that would annoy the Spaniards)

There's a problem with this? :unsure:

;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est