Armstrong Whitworth Sea Hawk - RAN

Started by zenrat, February 22, 2017, 12:49:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Perfect ! Love the look of these birds in those colours and markings. Just looks right. The fifth pic down of the two of them together ? Wow.

:wub: :bow:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

The Rat

Looks great! Of course, the Sea Hawk is gorgeous to begin with.  :wub: :thumbsup:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 23, 2017, 04:54:50 AM
Why don't they align the Roos so the feet face backwards?

Then it would look the same if the wings were folded or deployed?...

But then you'd have to worry about whether the roos were facing up or down when the wings were folded.
As they are, being handed you also have to think about putting them on the correct side so they are facing forwards.  Something I nearly get wrong every time.

Thanks for all the nice words folks.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on February 24, 2017, 01:01:49 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 23, 2017, 04:54:50 AM
Why don't they align the Roos so the feet face backwards?

Then it would look the same if the wings were folded or deployed?...

But then you'd have to worry about whether the roos were facing up or down when the wings were folded.
As they are, being handed you also have to think about putting them on the correct side so they are facing forwards.  Something I nearly get wrong every time.

Thanks for all the nice words folks.

Hm, yes......

We never have that problem with RAF roundels.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

I have been known to put the ones on the fin on backwards...
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on February 24, 2017, 02:19:09 AM

Hehehe, me too sometimes.  ;D

It's always red to the front, and I used to know a mnemonic to help remember that, but it was a looooong time ago.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

The feet point inwards & the 'roo "faces the enemy" on RAAF aircraft, too, & their wings don't (necessarily) fold but it works for the RAN with folding wings.

Fred, of course, is setting it up so that the 'roos are playing the old "dead ants" drinking game when the wings are folded, which, when you consider what sailors get up to off duty when ashore, is not completely inappropriate. :drink:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

I have to think about it sometimes. My excuse is that in WWI it was blue to the front  :angel: Wonder why they changed it ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 24, 2017, 06:24:12 AM

I have to think about it sometimes. My excuse is that in WWI it was blue to the front  :angel: Wonder why they changed it ?

Yes, that's right. Sometimes the entire fin was painted red, white and blue, wasn't it?

Ah yes, wasn't it because the French aircraft used the same colours with the Blue to the front?

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Yup the French did do their fin flashes that way. Their red and blue was a fair bit paler then those we used though.

Thinking about it, it's more logical, to me at least, to have the blue leading. After all the roundel has the blue "leading" so to speak ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 24, 2017, 06:36:43 AM
Yup the French did do their fin flashes that way. Their red and blue was a fair bit paler then those we used though.

Thinking about it, it's more logical, to me at least, to have the blue leading. After all the roundel has the blue "leading" so to speak ?

But it's trailing as well.  ;D

AND overlooking and underlooking too...........  ;)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 24, 2017, 06:39:17 AM

But it's trailing as well.  ;D

I'm obviously a glass half full man  ;), never thought I was though  :o

I think we'd better let Fred have his thread back ?  :angel:

zenrat

No.  I don't want it now.
You've soiled it...

:o ;D :angel:

Fred

comrade harps

Whatever.

zenrat

Fred